Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

last night i was out to eat with about 10 people. all blackberry users and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

my poor curve :(

Advertisement

last night i was out to eat with about 10 people. all blackberry users and abusers. none of them have seen the curve. the newsest at the table was a 8703e so as they all begged to see mine. and i passed it around the table gladely. this wonderfull girl. no names mentioned got over excited and dropped it onto a glass. with water in it. and it broke the glass. water went all over the phone. i turned the phone off cause it was soaked. dis connected the battery. this morning all is well (THANK GOD). but as i turned my phone on I NOTICE theres a huge scratch on the screen. im sooo upset. im more upset its scratched then anything. treat your curve like your new born. show while you hold

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: my poor curve :(

Sorry to hear about that Nicky. Also helps to get a nice protective case.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Sorry, to hear that Nicky
    Hope youve got insurance cover for that baby because with water damage it will give you problems.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You have my sympathies.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

People think I'm rude but I RARELY hand my device to anyone to check out. Especially if it's going to be passed around. Many people handle their phones/pda's like they were "disposable". I don't lend my car, and I don't bring my blackberry for show and tell. :-)

Sorry to hear about your problems. You might try what I did with my scratched up iPod before getting a Best Skins Ever cover for it. Take a little Brasso (you can get in any hardware store) on a clean cloth and GENTLY see if you can rub the scratch out. I don't konw if the materials are that much different so it could do more harm than good so you might want to give it some thought.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    People think I'm rude but I RARELY hand my device to anyone to check out. Especially if it's going to be passed around. Many people handle their phones/pda's like they were "disposable". I don't lend my car, and I don't bring my blackberry for show and tell. :-)

Sorry to hear about your problems. You might try what I did with my scratched up iPod before getting a Best Skins Ever cover for it. Take a little Brasso (you can get in any hardware store) on a clean cloth and GENTLY see if you can rub the scratch out. I don't konw if the materials are that much different so it could do more harm than good so you might want to give it some thought.
    Ditto!No one treats your device like you do! If someone wants to see my phone, I do the old "hold 'n show" as well! Can't be too careful when it comes to your berry (or any other personal electronics!)But, you do have my sympathies!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    ... treat your curve like your new born. show while you hold
    I am very sorry to hear about that, but this was funny hhaha...
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Sorry to hear that... maybe she did it in purpose because she jealous lol

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is insurance available for Blackberrys?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets
    not all providers offer insurance through their company for BB"s and you have to sign up for a 3rd party insurance companys. luckily i'll never know that feeling since i'm with tmo (if they know what's good for them *shakes fist*)

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets
    From what I heard Cingular don't have insurance on their PDA devices... but they said their working on this thing.

This is also what's kinda holding me back from signing up with At&t, I hope they fix this tho.

If you have At&t 3rd party insurance is your best bet..

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Poor Curve........... If I was that girl, I wouldn't dare have dropped it. I respect other's property as I do my own. With the utmost respect.

Word of advice, never hand your BB to a clutz.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

...walked out of the ATT store without insurance like we all have to do... TODAY, I'm picking up some 3rd party, just cuz of your horror story...

My sympathies as well... but, thanx for the virtual lesson -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    From what I heard Cingular don't have insurance on their PDA devices... but they said their working on this thing.
    AT&T Wireless used to offer insurance on all their phones, no matter price or type. Then one of the 'enhancements' we got when Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless was to drop all PDA and high-end phones from phone insurance. Maybe the New AT&T will decide to bring this back, but I would not hold my breath.

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2

I hope the offender made some kind of compensation offer for what happened. I'm not saying you would accept it as I usually would decline but nothing makes me madder than when someone damages something as important as my blackberry then proceeds to do nothing but say I'm sorry. Being that this group was full of blackberry I'm sure every one at the table cringed when it happened...that must have been quite a sight
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast