I got a BB yesterday and I want to transfer some music on to it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

starz19moonz no está en línea Stack level 1

my laptop won't recognize my BB

Advertisement

I got a BB yesterday and I want to transfer some music on to it from my laptop (vista business), but when i use the media manager it says the device is full and when i go to my computer it doesn't recognize it at all.
    Last edited by starz19moonz; 03-03-2008 at 06:58 PM.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: my laptop won't recognize my BB

~Lauren

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I wouldn't recommend using the media manager. If you have a memory card in there you should be getting a prompt on there when you connect the phone to utilize the phone as a mass storage device. Click yes on that. To me this is the best way to go. I do this on my Curve all the time when I synch my phone to my laptop. Avoid using your desktop manager all together for any type of media downloading its not worth it. If you need info on getting video on your BB I got a link for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I wouldn't recommend using the media manager. If you have a memory card in there you should be getting a prompt on there when you connect the phone to utilize the phone as a mass storage device. Click yes on that. To me this is the best way to go. I do this on my Curve all the time when I synch my phone to my laptop. Avoid using your desktop manager all together for any type of media downloading its not worth it. If you need info on getting video on your BB I got a link for that as well.

Why not use Media Manager? I use it all the time with no problem, and find it very easy to use.
    ~Lauren

starz19moonz no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have a memory card yet. but i just got it yesterday, so there should be free space because i have yet to put anything on it.

You'd be surprised how little memory comes with your BB. On how to free up memory, and make your BB run better, check out this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    ~Lauren

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Why not use Media Manager? I use it all the time with no problem, and find it very easy to use.
    Maybe I shouldn't knock it but I think it should be easy as dragging it over and with the media manager it doesn't seem that way. I set my BB as a mass storage device open up the folder and start moving my media over. Simple as that. This is exactly why I refuse to buy an I-pod because you can't do that.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Do you have Mass Storage Mode Support On under 'Media Card' in the Options directory?

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

If mass media suppot is on, the laptop should recognize your BB. Then you can just drag and drop your media to your BB.