Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, well I rolled over on my blackberry in my sleep, but realized I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Tinkermomof3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question My keys won't work on my Curve!

Advertisement

Okay, well I rolled over on my blackberry in my sleep, but realized I had and got it out from under me. I had done this before, so figured no big deal. Well, the next morning, I hit a button to see what time it was, and the screen wouldn't come on. I was thinking, ok... I just charged this last night, so what's up. Well, I went and hooked it up to the computer, and it turned on. (The screen) It wasn't dead, that's when I realized the buttons weren't working. The trackball will scroll up and down on the main menu, when I have it plugged in where I can see the screen, but you can't click down on the trackball, or any other button... even the side buttons that have the camera, not one button on there works. Does anyone have any idea if I have broke my Blackberry or if this is related to a warranty issue? Is this common that this happens? I'm scared half to death lol. I'm afraid I send it in to warranty, and they will charge me 399 for the phone. I have a Curve 8310, and I only got it like a month ago. If anyone could help... that'd be great.

I don't know if it's something wrong with the phone or if I broke something.. nothing rattles or anything.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    try popping the battery out? restore the OS?
    if nothing works, they'll probably cover it under warranty, unless it's visibly damaged.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

That's what I was thinking... because there's no rattle. I'm going to ask the warranty department if it is messed up, will they send it back to me without charging me 399 for another phone. Maybe I can buy some replacement pieces. Thanks so much for answering. Yea I did the "2 things" you suggested. I really hope I can get this fixed soon, I'm on an old sony ericsson and I'm dying here lol.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    I don't know how your carrier handles warranties, but with Rogers they ship you a replacement if they determine over the phone that it is a manufacturer issue.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

aga080 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i dont think that had to do with you rolling over on top of it....this blackberry curve 8310 is a lemon...ARGHHH im so mad about this phone right now. im going to go back to my audiovox smt5600, never a single problem

Yea, with AT&T they will send a replacement if that's the case, and thanks for letting me know.... I've heard that these phones are tough, so I was hoping it wasn't me lol. I'm not that big lol. I'm mad at this phone right now, but mostly it was guilt, because I didn't know if I'd did it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've never had an issue with my 8310.

Not sure what people are doing to their BBs. Most issues are easily fixed by the user. Unless it's a hardware issue most times it can be fixed.

I am so stressed out about this, I'm hoping it's a hardware problem, because I've tried everything. I just want it to be fixed now! lol

aznxsupernova no está en línea Stack level 1
    lol, i just posted this same issue in the 8320 subsection...
    no luck on figuring it out yet but i'll keep you posted on it

So all of your keys aren't working? Even the side ones? Thanks, please do. And thank God I'm not the only one!

aznxsupernova no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yup. Same exact problem to the tee. Everything is word for word as you described.

Yea, and I've looked all over the web for a solution, and can't find anyone having this issue. You are the first.

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42

Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post

Have you tried reinstalling the OS?
    I reinstalled everything. I have no idea. I took out any applications on my desktop manager that I had installed recently just in case that might be the root of the problem. Nothing is working.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Same thing happened to my friends curve--and she never dropped it or anything!!!! She called ATT and they sent her a replacement with no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast