Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I need that 8300! That is the only thing that will keep me with Cing. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Re: My first week with the Curve

Advertisement

I need that 8300! That is the only thing that will keep me with Cing.

JE

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~top knotch review!

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by exilio
    Thanks for the review Harry! One thing I would recommend is you try Missing Sync from MarkSpace. I am not sure if they added 8300 support yet, but it has worked like a charm with my Pearl.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and let you know!

murphydawg80 no está en línea Stack level 1

8707 clarification:

The Blackberry 8707 (available from Vodafone and O2) is 3G, but only on the 2100 mHz band that is used in Europe and Asia. It does not access the US 3G networks.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

How is the sound quality for the music player? Also have you tried the reliability of stereo bluetooth?
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

"To be honest, I can't really fault it after a week. It's much smaller and nicer to hold, has all the apps I need and fits into jeans pocket no problem. Plus the handy leather slip case means I can at least try and keep the screen scratch free."
    -Quote from original post

Got mine here in the US yesterday... I didn't have a slip case in my box... Did get jilted here???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by SokudoBlade
    How is the sound quality for the music player? Also have you tried the reliability of stereo bluetooth?

Well I've only had mine one day and I find the misic player great.

Can't address the reliability of th stereo bluetooth as the sample size isn't adequate to address it but so far pairing with a motorola S9 headset went well and sounds great. No problem with outgoing callsN haven't used it for incoming yet.

The only thing I've found that irks me with the Bluetooth is that the audio for the video doesn't seem to work with the S9. Don't know if it's me or the BB yet

Rcbjr
    ~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Cool thanks Rcbjr, was hoping the music player would be better which is a plus since i scene it can take up to a 4GB micro sd card. I'll look into the bluetooth issue and see if there is anything i can dig up from our bb rep.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree that the music player's pretty decent, although I'll stick my iPod for sounds and vidz (60Gb versus my 256Mb card!).

One thing I have noticed in Week Two of my ownership which is hacking me off big time is the signal sensitivity. It's REALLY sensitive. I can use my old 8707v on GPRS here at home, no problem. Okay, it only shows three bars for signal strength, but it's only ever dropped out completely maybe twice in a year.

I know the signal here is pretty good, because my wife gets great reception and signal strength with her normal mobile phone.

The Curve seems to spend most of its time set to GSM when I'm at home and contrary to anything the manual says, most of the time that equals zero signal. No email, no SMS, no MMS and you can forget about making calls, too. Swapping the SIM card between handsets suggests this is just down to the characteristics of the Curve itself, because the 8707v still works fine in the same situation.

I find this to be very, very sucky. I compose a message and it doesn't send. So I have to fire my laptop up and go through the process online instead. Not what I wanted the Curve for at all.

Oh, the leather slip case may be a UK-only freebie, btw. Sorry, I don't know for sure, but it has proved really useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12