So is it just me or does the "Quick Reply" box in wap mode too ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3

My First Pinstack Post w/ My 8900 :)

Advertisement

So is it just me or does the "Quick Reply" box in wap mode too large and goes off the screen?

Also when I type, and this doesn't just apply to pinstack, this goes for posting in general, the cursor doesn't go to the next line. It just stretches the page and becomes IMPOSSIBLE to scroll the cursor back and forth my message so that I can't proof read. So if I made any mistakes, you know why

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So besides my little complaints here and there, I LOVE my Javelin. It fits and feels lovely in your hands. At first I thought I had to get used to the smooth keyboard as it's a bit flatter than the old Curve, but the problem was actually my long nails. After I cut them, typing never felt smoother on a phone (it was a bit sad because I just gave myself a manicure but for the Javelin....it was WORTH IT!).

:arrow: When switching apps on the device, it runs so much faster.

:arrow: The video streaming is ridiculously clear, like watching TV on a mini-LCD.

:arrow: The clarity of voice calls is no different than the old Curve, which isn't exactly a bad thing. I find the reception to be pretty good, but that mainly depends on your carrier, doesn't it? When I used my bluetooth with my old Curve, I frequently got crackling noises. So far, bluetooth with the 8900 is crisp and clear.

:arrow: The auto-focus camera....do I even have to say anything? Video recording is extremely smooth as well and playback is very enjoyable. No lag in video playbacks at all.

:arrow: There are some small added features that make the 8900 a bit more user-friendly than the old Curve. The default blackberry menu has categorized folders for your Set Ups (wizard, wi-fi, bluetooth), IM (bb messenger, WLM, yahoo messenger, etc), Downloads and so on.

:arrow: When moving icons into specific folders, you no longer have to drag it into the folder. For BB users who like their icons organized in specific folders, the 8900 lets you select which folder you'd like to move the icon into in the menu. Very convenient!

:arrow: Stopwatch and timer is arleady a default app on the device. I was happy to remove my crappy 3rd party stopwatch and timer. I also think you'll be pleased with the new look of the Alarm and it's features.

:arrow: I can't complain with EDGE. The most important thing is that it's pinstackable. IMO the browsing feels faster than the old Curve.

If you're used to your old Curve, well then I'm happy to say that there are many similarities compared to the 8900 besides the new look and excellent features.

So besides the bugs that I mentioned above in my original post, there are a few things that I'm hoping RIM works on for their next OS update. The "text wrap" issue, the small bugs with the browser, MY issue with the alarm setting volume (escalating does NOT escalate) and as far as I'm concerned, that's it. Still not sure if my wi-fi problem is really my problem or RIM's. As for the poor battery performance....that could still be a number of reasons, whether that be the wi-fi scanning, the 480x360 LCD, etc. So only time will tell whether the 8900 needs to further improve their already "improved" lithium ion battery.

I hope this gives decent insight to everyone who's looking into the 8900 aka Javelin or at least those in the US waiting to get it

If you ask me, it was worth the upgrade
    Last edited by mizmellyjelly; 12-30-2008 at 01:31 AM.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Congrats! I collect mine tomorrow....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    So is it just me or does the "Quick Reply" box in wap mode too large and goes off the screen?

Also when I type, and this doesn't just apply to pinstack, this goes for posting in general, the cursor doesn't go to the next line. It just stretches the page and becomes IMPOSSIBLE to scroll the cursor back and forth my message so that I can't proof read. So if I made any mistakes, you know why
    We are all living with it for now, it's normal.

Hayden is working on a fix for this.

As far as other sites, it's just the way the BB browser renders pages. Its a fault we have to live with until it's fixed by RIM.

Cheers...

Hehe...thanks for the reply. I just read some of Sirthinks complaints about the same issue. Didn't research first before I posted.

So now I'm patiently waiting for a fix
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    RIM is actively working on it from what I hear ...

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lucky you, and congrats on the acquisition. I'm still checking the AT&T site like an addict, lol.

What carrier are you using?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

I'm with Rogers...so I guess that makes me an 8900 veteran...lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Aww. Man congratulations!
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the battery issue is you for now! You have a shiny new toy and are putting it thru its paces so of course battery life will suffer. I'm glad to see the 8900 is an improved curve basically

Maybe at&t will ask rim to add 3G...

Haha...I'll be pretty sad if they do seeing as how I'm stuck with this one in that case.

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I'm so jealous. I hope att releases this soon. I have a full upgrade and am patiently waiting.lol

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Thanks for the 411 run down MZ!!! Very detailed and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    Thanks for the 411 run down MZ!!! Very detailed and informative.

Your welcome! Anything for another stacker . I forgot to mention another thing that bothers other 8900 users is the location for the USB port and the fact that it's a mini USB. I guess when you're using your phone while charging it, the cable does kind of get in the way. But either way, something small like that wouldn't stop me from loving my new toy!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    Your welcome! Anything for another stacker . I forgot to mention another thing that bothers other 8900 users is the location for the USB port and the fact that it's a mini USB. I guess when you're using your phone while charging it, the cable does kind of get in the way. But either way, something small like that wouldn't stop me from loving my new toy!
    Micro and yeah ive read some complaints about that but it never bothered me.