Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had this little baby for 48 hours now and I can certainly tell you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

my first 48 hours with the curve...

Advertisement

I've had this little baby for 48 hours now and I can certainly tell you I won't be going back to the pearl...

• the larger screen is soo much easier on my ever fading eyesight
    • the media player is sooo pretty - top notch interface (the stereo ear buds that come with it are A++. i listened to some of my music last night with them on and they sound great)
    • the camera has two new settings for pics (sepia and black n white)
    • the camera also has different settings for size (allowing for the wider screen)
    • the size is perfect. the 8800 seemed to be a little too wide for me and the pearl, with heavy email or txt will make my hands cramp
    • i can't wait to go buy a 4gb card and load up some movies i never did that with the pearl

oh - and i did load up some custom 87 and 88 themes. if you are an icon theme lover, then you should try them out. me, imma zen lover, so i've created some wallpapers and will stick to that until i can get something from plazmic...

now...the bad stuff

only two things

1) my call log won't hold (obvious memory leak) and the ONLY third party apps i have are jivetalk and pinstack launcher
    -- the only thing i've done so far to try and fix is to clear all of the logs (alt+lglg)

2) and this one isn't so bad i guess - but just did my first battery pull. i tried installing google maps and it told me i didn't have sufficient memory. so, pulled the battery, and tried again and it worked.

as for the calendar sync prob that i read about...i didn't have any issues. synced right up with outlook contacts/calendar/memo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: my first 48 hours with the curve...

Cherri, did you run the setup wizard? How much free memory do you have?

I'm not having those problems. If you didn't run setup wizard, I suggest you do it soon. You'll find a pleasant surprise.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

no, of course i didn't richard im not a newb...lol...that icon's been hidden since i turned it on

i'll run it now

::edit:: thanks richard...that should help a lot
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 06-03-2007 at 02:34 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Jealous!
    JerryD

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Cherri, did you run the setup wizard? How much free memory do you have?

I'm not having those problems. If you didn't run setup wizard, I suggest you do it soon. You'll find a pleasant surprise.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    OMG. you devil! This has fixed so much with my curve! that will teach me to ignore the SW again thinking I'm such a pro
    Everything runs faster and smoother now, and I'm beginning to think that all my crap battery life woes were due to low memory as the CPU/OS needed to spend more time spinning, looking for available blocks for memory allocation...
    Thanks a bunch Richard!!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

it's funny how us old hats tend to ignore things like that. We tend to think we know so much. I set up my 7290 without the setup wizard. Same with the 8700. When the Pearl came out I just skipped it. All of these need charging before use, so I was doing it manually while charging them. Well for the Curve since I knew it used the same batteries from the 8700, I pre-charged one of my old one so I wouldn't have to wait. While I waiting for the rep to finish all the paper work, I just popped the microSD, the SIM and my fully charged battery in, ready to go. Since. I was in a hurry I just hit the setup wizard icon and what did I find. surprise.

Rcbjr

Sorry for hijacking your thread

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 06-03-2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the short review. Yup best BB yet! I'm in love can't put this thing down.

Can't wait for the 8310 or 8320 wifi version. That's the only thing that's missing that I truly NEED.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rashumon
    OMG. you devil! This has fixed so much with my curve! that will teach me to ignore the SW again thinking I'm such a pro
    Everything runs faster and smoother now, and I'm beginning to think that all my crap battery life woes were due to low memory as the CPU/OS needed to spend more time spinning, looking for available blocks for memory allocation...
    Thanks a bunch Richard!!
    I think the setup wizard at least on my O2 OS removed a tons of unused languages. Thus saving space

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    I think the setup wizard at least on my O2 OS removed a tons of unused languages. Thus saving space
    Yep, that was what my surprise was. Very happy now. Don't think I'll ever skip that feature again. You never know what RIM will do to make our life easier.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is mentioned in the Getting Started Guide. Maybe I need to pull it out of shrink that it and the users tools CD are in and see.

Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Hmmm, I wonder if this is mentioned in the Getting Started Guide. Maybe I need to pull it out of shrink that it and the users tools CD are in and see.

Rcbjr
    Would doing this be grounds for revocation of my geek status?

Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    ask

Let us know. You know because I haven't used the pearl OS in depth I'm not sure if the cool features and differences I'm seeing with the 8300 OS are unique to the Curve or not.

Anyone with experience with both willing to start a new threads listed the new & unique Curve features and improvements? Em' if any

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm in the same boat Hayden, i immediately hid the setup wizard in the Pearl and never played with it. But I'm pretty sure that with all the problems with the pearl memory availability we would have heard from someone that had found it in the pearls setup wizard if it were there.

Rcbjr

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

So totally off topic... but, Rcbjr has been so helpful to sooo many on this board in just my short time here... I had to mention it -

I hope that some type of Cyber Surprise Party is planned for him when he hits 10,000 posts (in just over 1 yr at that)...

Thanx for all the advice... I'm never lving BB and these boards again (sheepish wink)

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

thanks for the information - hopefully FedEx will deliver mine tomorrow (estimated for Tuesday but shows it arrived here last night). I'm wondering the other "issues" or drawbacks that people may have found thus far...

how much memory did you have free before and after running the setup wizard?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    So totally off topic... but, Rcbjr has been so helpful to sooo many on this board in just my short time here... I had to mention it -

I hope that some type of Cyber Surprise Party is planned for him when he hits 10,000 posts (in just over 1 yr at that)...

Thanx for all the advice... I'm never lving BB and these boards again (sheepish wink)
    I agree 100%, he's very helpfull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast