Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK so my curve all of sudden (in the middle of the night/morning) shut down ... BlackBerry Curve forum

armanigirl no está en línea Stack level 1

My Curve Shut Down On Me! Help!

Advertisement

OK so my curve all of sudden (in the middle of the night/morning) shut down on me! the red indicator light comes on and then the hour glass on the screen comes on and then the red indicator light comes on again and then the hour glass comes on and it keeps doing this (red indicator light & hour glass on screen) !!

It's a refrub phone because my original was acting up too. Anyway, i tried EVERYTHING, taking out the battery, taking out the sim, putting it in the charger, i even tried to put my bf's battery in my phone and it still does the same thing..does anyone know whats wrong with my phone? is it just completely ruined and i have to wait to get another one mailed to me? Any special tricks i should try? It was working perfectly and then now it just compeletely shut down on me! i try holding down the red button and it doesnt work, even the standby button and it doesnt work either!

has this happend to anyone?

someone help!?

Thank you!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Try this link here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

This happened to me with my 8830 and I followed the steps in the thread above and it worked out just fine.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like a lemon, armanigirl.

How long have you had the refurb? If is is a lemon, should be no issue getting another one from your provider. If you're in a hurry, they would probably overnight it to you, too. I know when I had issues with my last device, AT&T would overnight the new (refurbed) device.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, but give them a call and see what they can do for you!

And welcome to PinStack!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you can, try plugging the phone into the USB port on your PC and charge it that way. If it turns on long enough, go to Options>Security>General Security. Press the menu button and select Wipe Handheld. While this is going on, reinstall the last OS you used for your BB.

After installing the OS, go to Start>Search on your PC. Type in vendor.xml and press Search. Once that is found, highlight it and press Delete.

Connect the BB to the PC again and open Desktop Manager. Go to the Application Loader. It should recognize the OS and start to reload it. Wait until (or if) the BB turns on to your homescreen. If this works, great. If not, try again. It will probably take a few tries.

Good luck.

Really? Thanks KalebsDad78..

So i have to re-install the CD on my computer? I wonder why it did this! it's so strange...I will def. try it! I hope it will work!

thank you EricaJ1073! I will try this as well!

LOL, well definitely try what the other two have advised, then if all else fails, call your provider!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You need to download the Blackberry OS from your carrier's website onto your PC with Desktop Manager and then follow the steps outlined in that thread. Mine died like that one night when I was trying to send a text message. Nothing fancy, it just wouldn't send the text. All of the sudden, red light of death and the hourglass of doom popped up.

I have been on the "Stacks" for awhile and had seen this problem so I went straight to that thread and after the lengthy process of getting it back up and running, it was good to go as if nothing had ever happened.

Hopefully you do routine back-ups or you will have some information lost.

No you don't have to use the CD. Just pick the newest 8310 OS from this list. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=42263

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    You need to download the Blackberry OS from your carrier's website onto your PC with Desktop Manager and then follow the steps outlined in that thread. Mine died like that one night when I was trying to send a text message. Nothing fancy, it just wouldn't send the text. All of the sudden, red light of death and the hourglass of doom popped up.

I have been on the "Stacks" for awhile and had seen this problem so I went straight to that thread and after the lengthy process of getting it back up and running, it was good to go as if nothing had ever happened.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post

OMG either i'm really dumb because i don't really know much about Downloading the OS from my carrier's website...I have the installation disk..is this different? I don't even know where to find my OS from att.com lol! sorry guys for all the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    No you don't have to use the CD. Just pick the newest 8310 OS from this list. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=42263
    OHH ok thank you for the link! =)

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Sounds like a lemon, armanigirl.

How long have you had the refurb? If is is a lemon, should be no issue getting another one from your provider. If you're in a hurry, they would probably overnight it to you, too. I know when I had issues with my last device, AT&T would overnight the new (refurbed) device.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, but give them a call and see what they can do for you!

And welcome to PinStack!
    Thank you RoGro for your reply ! =)

Just use the link I posted and make sure it's for the 8310. No need for the disk. It doesn't have to be AT&T. As long as you can find and delete the vendor.xml file from your PC in the Search, you will be fine.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    No problem...Post back if you have any problems and most of us will do what we can to help you other than telling you to call your service provider and posting ignorant blurbs about nothing.

Good luck...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast