When I hit around 10 minutes on a phone call, my Curve has been constantly ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GF4444 no está en línea Stack level 1

My Curve keeps crashing :(

Advertisement

When I hit around 10 minutes on a phone call, my Curve has been constantly crashing. It shuts off completely, and takes a few minutes to recover.

I have a 1 GB memory card installed, so it's not a memory issue (at least I don't think)... I have searched Google for answers and can't seem to find anything.

Help me, please! :cry:

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: My Curve keeps crashing :(

Is this the 8300 or the 8310? If it is the 8300, do you have the latest OS? Also have you checked your memory to make sure it is not running low?

Another thing, have you added any 3rd party apps lately?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

OS re-install.. something seems corrupted..

pakas no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dude when did u get thy blackberry sayes the captain if u have att u are in the right arms call customer service and be dramatic tell them u are with that company because the are prestigious and u a valued customer who's been with that company for so long specify how long then tell them u are missing out on bussines if they can't get your phone to work to cancel service they will send u a refurbished one in two to three days that's what I do when my bb gets scrashed I'm actually doing it next week also b shure to tell them this that u can hear them but sometime they won't be able to hear u on the other end works like a charm any questions ping me or email me better yet telituby_lrp1@att.blackberry.net. Hope this helps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dont take your chance lad reinsalling just get a new phone start from scratch

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

You dont want him to try to install OS? Rather than buy a new phone? That would be stupid. At least TRY. I have an email from my SP with step by step instructions to install OS. If you need it, PM me, and also tell me your email.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dude he's not buying a new phone he is getting a refurbished one for free from his carrier he can try doing al the instalations hopefully it is just something minor but if u can for free why not get a new phone for FREE

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by pakas View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dude he's not buying a new phone he is getting a refurbished one for free from his carrier he can try doing al the instalations hopefully it is just something minor but if u can for free why not get a new phone for FREE
    One reason why not.... for the PIM change. If you have lots of contcats or use it quite frequently, then notifying everyone of the pin change and getting it reset up (connecting to BB messenger and such) can be quite a pain. Also if you have third party pay apps, the majority are tied to the pin so this would require one to contact all of the vendors for new unlock codes to use these programs (if they will provide it, some will and some won't). The OS upgrade/reload is something that most will do anyway, so why not try this first as you have nothing to lose and a strnger bargaining point for the exchange as it shows that you have addressed the issue and tried to do something about it, rather than drive up the price of phones and drive down the revenue of the companies by making them replace your device.

I know that when I had WM devices that according to the warranty department at Verizon, more than 60% of the devices swapped had nothing wrong with electrically, but the problem were caused by user error or errant software.

GF4444 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the advice!

I think I'll reinstall the OS. I have the 8300.

Thanks again!