Now that I can use bluetooth headphones with my phone I decided to get a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

My Curve and my new Bluetooth headphones

Advertisement

Now that I can use bluetooth headphones with my phone I decided to get a pair. My expectations were that the sound would be all crackly, hollow, or too much treble. I was wrong. My Motorola S805 headphones are amazing. Sound quality is far beyond what I expected. granted, there is a slight hiss in the background, but the sound that comes through is loud and clear and the bass is great, the treble not too strong. For bluetooth headphones, these are amazing.

Got them on eBay for $50, new and unopened. They are circumaural, which has padding the goes around the ear to block out sound. A very nice pair for not too much money.

Ok, they are nothing compared to my Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones, but for wireless?? They are simply amazing. my voice also comes through nicely, just like my Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth ear piece (another excellent bluetooth device). Pairing was also easy, and it has audio controls on the headphones themselves.

No bluetooth device will match my Sennheisers, but that's like comparing a Toyota Celica to a Mercedes Benz. In the bluetooth-only category, these ARE the Mercedes Benz.

When I have them plugged in via the audio cable it came with, the audio starts becoming comparable to like a 30 dollar pair of Jensen circumaural headphones. I honestly think the audio sounds better via bluetooth with these rather than through the wire. Maybe the cable is bad, I don't know. It's a bit too heavy on the treble when plugged in.

Anyway, if you are looking for an AWESOME pair of bluetooth headphones for your Curve, and like the around-ear style and like plenty of bass, grab these. Don't even think about it, just do it.
    Last edited by sgtdisturbed47; 12-15-2007 at 09:55 PM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: My Curve and my new Bluetooth headphones

Awesome! Great review. I have the mororola s9. They insert in the ear. They work very well but io was interested in a headset that sets over the ear. I may have to look into this. Thanks. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: My Curve and my new Bluetooth headphones

I forgot to mention some specifics of the audio controls.

First off, you can control the volume, next track, previous track, stop, play and pause. You can do this with music. As for videos, nothing happens. No sound comes through to the headphones while watching videos, it comes out through the phone's speaker. A bit of a bummer, but I'm sure 4.3 will have this ability. Or maybe Blackberries can't isolate the audio.

Another is the ease of using said controls. Well, a person wearing padded gloves could use use the controls. Huge buttons, and the volume (left side) is a giant built-in wheel that you rotate forward or backward to adjust volume. The same procedure is done to change tracks (the right side). Seriously, I just tried it with my snow gloves. No problem.