hello, I am know to this forum, I read something that helped me fix a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

oliver123 no está en línea Stack level 1

my contacts are not in the address book

Advertisement

hello,

I am know to this forum, I read something that helped me fix a small issue so I decided to join and send a message.

I transferred my address book from my 8700g to my 8300. now it will not show the addresses. I know that they are there somewhere because when people call, I see their stored names show up on the caller ID. However, when I get into the address book, there is nothing there. Please do help.

thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Check to see if you accidentally clicked one of the filters to hide the contacts. Click Menu and Filters while in the address book and see if any have been checked off. If so, clear the marks and the contacts should show up.

iruiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was having the same problem yesterday so I went to the Sprint store. The guy told me to go into contacts>menu>filter and make sure that personal and business are unchecked. Then when you back out of there they should show up. Mine showed up after that. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by iruiz; 04-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    ISABEL

oliver123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you guys are the best. Many Many thanks. I fixed that and my day is great now.

Well there is one more thing. I used to type just the letters of a name, and it brought up the names and numbers and I see a preview of the number I want to dial. now it does not do that. does any one know how to fix that? Isabel, nice smile, keep smiling

iruiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you oliver123, your too kind. I don't know why it isnt searching for the numbers when you type in a letter mine never did that. Im sure somebody else will know though, good luck.
    ISABEL

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver123 View Post
    you guys are the best. Many Many thanks. I fixed that and my day is great now.

Well there is one more thing. I used to type just the letters of a name, and it brought up the names and numbers and I see a preview of the number I want to dial. now it does not do that. does any one know how to fix that? Isabel, nice smile, keep smiling
    It depends if you turned off dial from home screen then you are able to use the key shortcuts. What is it doing now wheb you're typing in the name?