Okay I got a replacement 8330 and in the instructions it said to reset the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question my computer no longer recognizes my bb!

Okay I got a replacement 8330 and in the instructions it said to reset the old device to factory settings before I send it back. Well, I used jl_cmder and accidentally wiped it instead of just resetting it. So basically, I have no OS on my old phone and I need to get it back to the default settings like fresh out of the box. Anyone know how I could do that?
    Last edited by mouseman225; 11-29-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Clarification

phantom02 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe if you search the site there are a couple of post that teach yoou how to reload your os to your phone.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Even though it might not be recognized, go ahead and plug in the 8330. After that, open the desktop manager and then click on App Loader. This is the point where it should prompt you to install the handheld software. If it doesn't, make sure you have the handheld software from your service provider or download any *8330* build, navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\app loader\ and delete the vendor.xml file or rename it to vendor.old. Try the app loader again and you should be good to go.

~via BB (

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    All you need to do is download the original OS from your carrier for the device you have to send back and reinstall it. There is no need to delete the vendor.xml. You are just setting the phone back to what it was when you got it.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 11-30-2008 at 11:22 PM.