Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

my bold 9000 vs curve 8900

Advertisement

Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Is this really a blank post or is my wap messing with me?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I guess they didn't have that much to say about the matter-lol.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    He has an embedded Youtube video in his posting Reddrvgon. You'll have to check it out online.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Oh. My bad. Can't see it wap. Sorry.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    He has an embedded Youtube video in his posting Reddrvgon. You'll have to check it out online.
    LOL... That makes sense... I don't have a pc... Anyone wanna fill me in with what's going on...

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    LOL... That makes sense... I don't have a pc... Anyone wanna fill me in with what's going on...

He just recorded the size difference between the two devices, not much else. Just held them in each hand, compared size, nothing...exciting. Not much of a comparison if you ask me. No offense Fondoo.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    He just recorded the size difference between the two devices, not much else. Just held them in each hand, compared size, nothing...exciting. Not much of a comparison if you ask me. No offense Fondoo.
    Thanks javatyger...

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    That was definitely the Blair Witch Project of Blackberry films. Anyway, I have owned both and prefer the 8900 just because of the size. However (and this is a BIG however), the leather back on the Bold is incredible as are the chrome sides. If they ever make a similar back for the 8900, I'll bite.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    That was definitely the Blair Witch Project of Blackberry films. Anyway, I have owned both and prefer the 8900 just because of the size. However (and this is a BIG however), the leather back on the Bold is incredible as are the chrome sides. If they ever make a similar back for the 8900, I'll bite.
    LOL on the Blair Witch Video - I totally agree.

But yeah, I would have loved to have the leather backing on mine, for the extra durability, because until I got a case for it, my poor backing has been scratched up. :'( But I'll survive - might get a new backing off ebay or something.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

I ended up buying the Seidio Innocase Skin and Holster combo, and i dont ever have to worry about scratches! If it does get a nick, i just rub the scratch off and viola! I still prefer the 8900 over the bold anyday. Bold is abnoxiously big and not comfortable if u need to put it in ur pocket, the 8900 is clearer in picture and richer in color. The grip is better, and I'm always in a hotspot or have wifi coverage so all my calls etc are free! (Thank you UMA!) Beat that bold! haha And no offense, but the leather in the back of the bold looks cheap... (just my personal opinion no hate responses please! lol)

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's funny that I am whining about the incredibly HUGE Bold considering that when cell phones first came out, I had a bag phone. For those of you who might be too young or don't remember, it was the size of a medium backpack and held a handset like a car phone. The battery was the size of a brick and calls were $1.00/minute.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    in comparison, the bold is HUGE. i thought it would be a nice upgrade from a curve 8310, but the new curve 8900 is soooo much better. i love my curve 8900. there wasnt much videos on youtube, so i shot this video to show ppl.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A
    It's funny that I am whining about the incredibly HUGE Bold considering that when cell phones first came out, I had a bag phone. For those of you who might be too young or don't remember, it was the size of a medium backpack and held a handset like a car phone. The battery was the size of a brick and calls were $1.00/minute.
    I can remember those days Jeff. lol

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well. I often here a lot of folks talk about the BIG size of the Bold, but for me and I'm sure others that may have a shoe size of 13, 14 and better this is the perfect size phone, fits in my hand and pocket very nicely. The Display is in my opinion near HD quality, Media Player is Awesome, speed very fast, 3G and WiFi ya just can't beat it. I would imagine the 8900 could be considered a Baby Bold w/o 3G. But for us Big Boyz The Bold will do!
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 03-06-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast