When i recieve a pin or text message it only shows the LED it doesn't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Pepz no está en línea Awaiting email verification

My blackberry 8520

Advertisement

When i recieve a pin or text message it only shows the LED it doesn't show how many pins or messages i have recieved or haven't read.... When i come out from my blackberry messenger or text messages the LED doesnt flash anymore

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If you go into your messaging options and select texts and all to show in your messages you can go there and see how many and from who. You should also get a message icon in the banner area unless the theme you are running is custom and they removed it from the banner options to see.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

joseph80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I recently bought a second hand blackberry curve 8520, but since yesterday i have started noticing that indicator light is continuously in on condition and in green color and also i tried many times to check but it is not coming in actually position. How shud i solve this problem?

As i am totally new to bb technologies and have never used any of the bb phones b4 so i would like to know do java applications on this phone work via wifi connectivity like Snaptu? Or will i need to subscribe to data plan to utilize them? Even a friend told me to subscribe to BIS plan in order to utilize FB app on this phone but i dont know what this BIS plan means? Really the phone has started creating pain in my arse the day i bought it. Any one pls could shed some light over here...
    Last edited by joseph80; 08-08-2011 at 06:23 AM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    BIS is just a individual plan as BES is a corporate plan. A data plan is required for alot of java applications, wifi would work but you still have to have the plan to back it up. Facebook would require a data plan.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepz View Post
    When i recieve a pin or text message it only shows the LED it doesn't show how many pins or messages i have recieved or haven't read.... When i come out from my blackberry messenger or text messages the LED doesnt flash anymore
    I agree with Papa, as it sounds to me like this is something that can be addressed in your settings.

I believe the 8520 and 8530 are setup a lot alike, so try going into your Messages folder, press the menu button and select Options. From there go to General Options and make sure the Display Message Count is set to "Unread", the Display New Message Indicator is set to "Yes" and the Display PIN Messages in Red is set to "Yes" (otherwise they blend into the other messages). Once you have done that, press the escape key and select save. You should be back on the Messages Options screen, then go to Inbox Settings and place a check mark next to each of the items you want to appear in your Messages folder. Keep in mind that if you choose to have your SMS show in your Messages folder rather than the SMS folder, when you use a theme which has a Hidden Today (previews of Calendar, Messages & SMS), your SMS will not show.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph80 View Post
    I recently bought a second hand bb 8520, but since yesterday i have started noticing that indicator light is continuously in on condition and in green color and also i tried many times to check but it is not coming in actually position. How shud i solve this problem?

As i am totally new to bb technologies and have never used any of the bb phones b4 so i would like to know do java applications on this phone work via wifi connectivity like Snaptu? Or will i need to subscribe to data plan to utilize them? Even a friend told me to subscribe to BIS plan in order to utilize FB app on this phone but i dont know what this BIS plan means? Really the phone has started creating pain in my arse the day i bought it. Any one pls could shed some light over here...
    First, I believe the Green LED is your Coverage Indicator which you can turn off by going to Options (wrench icon)>Screen/Keyboard and change the LED Coverage Indicator setting to "Off". Then press the escape button and select save.

As far as the rest, Papa is correct. BIS is what we as individuals would use and yes, some applications may work without the data plan, however, a data plan is required in most cases. The vast majority of features that make a BlackBerry what it is require what is known as Service Books. These service books are sent to your device by your service provider via the data connection. Without a data connection there are no service books and you lose a lot of the Blackberry functions such as email, MMS, BBM (Blackberry Messenger) etc. At least this is what I have been told by numerous people. Also, it does seem that the majority of service providers do require a data plan when activating a Blackberry. So this may be something, depending on your service provider, that you cannot get around.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

joseph80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanx a lot Papamag and JavaBratt .... i jst sorted out that led issues...Thnx for providing valuable information

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph80 View Post
    Thanx a lot Papamag and JavaBratt .... i jst sorted out that led issues...Thnx for providing valuable information
    Anytime
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info