I recently bought a BB 8320 (T-mobile) since I like the wi-fi capability, and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Danielqle no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB 8320 will not pair with my bluetooth headset

Advertisement

I recently bought a BB 8320 (T-mobile) since I like the wi-fi capability, and I got it unlocked so I can use it on my carrier AT&T. I was able to make calls and use wi-fi. However, I could not do 2 things: 1) I could not connect to BB desktop manager on my PC to sync my contacts from Microsoft Outlook. 2) I could not pair with my bluetooth headset Plantronics 520 or bluetooth from my PC. I was able to do these tasks with my previous BB 8310 from AT&T. Is it because I did not put my AT&T SIM card in the BB 8320 before I unlocked it or simply I have a lemon. Please help!!!

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Re: My BB 8320 will not pair with my bluetooth headset

Try this. First, turn off ALL blue-tooths

1. turn on your phones bluetooth
    2. search for a device, it will fail
    3. enable your headsets bluetooth, on and ready to pair
    4. search for device

it should work. thats what i have to do every time

Thank you for trying to help me, Neezy.
    I tried your way but it did not work.
    When I opened Manage Connections icon, Mobile Network and Wi-Fi are connected with GREEN check marks, the Bluetooth says ON but only with a YELLOW bar. When I turned off all connections, all three are disconnected with RED crosses. So, I think something is wrong with my phone's Bluetooth. Is that correct? Please help.

I also can not sync with Desktop Manager program from PC to sync my contacts.

Really appreciate anyone who can help me.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Not sure about that BT headset device, but did you try to remove all pairing on the headset before trying to pair with the new device, as this may be causing a pairing issue (it may not like more than one device paired at a time??

Hi Squeaker,
    The bluetooth headset is plantronics 520, i checked, it is compatible with BB 8320. I dont know how to turn off all pairing of the bluetooth headset, i understand that you can do that on the cell phones since you can see a list of all pairing devices to the phone and can delete them.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You might have misunderstod me. I meant did you remove all prior pairing on the headset (not the pairings on the handset). Since you said that it was previously paired to your 8310, it may still have the remnants of that pairing in its memory (and I am not sure if it can handle multiple devices, ie the 8310 and the 8320). I would try to reset it mback to factory if possible (I add this as my Jabra 8010 can handle mulitple pairings and to remove them I need to reset it back to factory, may not be possible with your device).
    Can your PD even discover this device (that could be an indication if BT is working or not)?

It's not the bluetooth headset, I just paired it with another phone, no problem. It is the BB 8320 that can not pair with bluetooth. Anyone knows how to fix it?

ib2crunk4u no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem. You need to exchange your phone for a new one. Tmo sent me a new phone after spending hours on the phone trouble shooting. Finally I was told that there were problems with the internall bluetooth componets. My new curve works fine.