While on the phone and getting things out of the trunk I dropped my BB. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859

My baby needs help...!

Advertisement

While on the phone and getting things out of the trunk I dropped my BB. The 2/3 seconds it spend on the air before it hit the ground felt like an hour as everything happened in slow motion and tears came out of my eye when I saw her fall apart. The back came off and the battery came flying out. With all that said, I am now desperately looking for a protective case.

For all of you who have them, could you please share which ones you got and why you like them. I carry my 8310 in my pocket and love the fact that is slim and light. So, I’m looking for something that will be protective with out sacrificing weight, shape, or form. I know I may be asking for too much but just want to brainstorm with the forum and see what’s out there.

Thank you in advance for your help on this!
    Jarot48
    PIN 244BA859

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    I don't have any personal experience, but you should check out the seidio rubberized hard case. They're not that bulky and I guess they don't attract much lint.

I use the otterbox for multiple reasons.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have the Seidio that BluesDrive is talkin about. I got mine in burgandy. Its the nicest case I've ever owned, and Im on my fourth BB. Check it out. I would have had a heart attck, Id be posting this from the ER!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used a Fortte open face case but I may get an OtterBox case.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    i have some hard case that I got from Best Buy for like $14. Best thing ever! Covers all but the keys and screen, is slim and stylish....it is raised just ever so slightly thta you dont notice yet manages to protect the screen if dropped. I am a butter fingers
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I have a Bestskins Ever whole body skin on my 8310 with a Blackberry White silicone case over that. I personally love the silicone cases, they are light weight, add minimal bulk and add more grip to the phone. The phone still fits well in a pocket and if I am in my car the rubbery skin helps the device stay anywhere I put it, dash, console, etc., it seldom moves. I don't care for clips and this has none, I personally feel my phone is more secure in a pocket or my purse. Also the silicone cases come in a variety of colors and they are very affordable. Get the ones made by Blackberry and not a knock off.

Lastly but not leastly, it's all a matter of taste and what meets your needs. This is only my opinion and it may not work as well for others.

As Always, Happy Berrying!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry to hear about the fall! I know how you feel! I went on ebay and was searching for something specific that not many places cary. It's the Bodyglove brand case. It's soft and the texture feels like a "scuba" suit. I didn't like the bulky belt clip so I used small scissors and cut the thread around the clip in the back and it popped right out. So now I have a pretty slim soft case that has built in plastic to cover the screen, couldn't be more satisfied!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859
    Thank you all for the great feedback. Alll the cases mentioned look really good. For my needs I really liked the Seidio rubberized hard case. It was a little more $$$ than what I was expecting to pay but it looks great.

Again, thank you for all the great feedback!!!
    Jarot48
    PIN 244BA859

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have had many different cases between my Pearl and no my Curve so I figured I'd chime in.

The Seidio Rubberized case is great. I had one for my Pearl and it worked very well. Fully functional and protects if from minor drops and scratches. Mine got hit on the corner from something (I'm outside a lot and do some work on a farm, so mine get used / abused) and cracked. Not overly impressive and I'm not 100% confident that if dropped onto pavement, the case wouldn't crack or split in half and drop the BB on the ground.

I've also used the Best Skinz Ever protective decals and they are probably the best scratch proofing I've found for anything. I highly recommend them under the Seidio case as it will protect the screen.

For my Curve, I decided to get the best protection possible so I got the Otterbox. It's bulky (compared to a naked curve), but I'm very confident that if I were to drop it, I wouldn't have any damage. Plus, I really like the fact that the clear protective layer covers not only the screen, but the keys. For as much dust as I'm around, it's about the only thing that will keep my BB looking good in a year.

I guess my point is that if you want drop protection, I really think the best thing out there is the Otterbox -- but at the sacrifice of sleek and slim.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    The otterbox for the 8300 series is SOLID. I've punched it hard enough to make my hand hurt, I've dropped it on carpet/cement/in snow/wooden floors, and it's survived many falls while snowboarding. I actually like the added bulk. It helps when typing a lot.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'd have to agree with regards to the added bulk -- I really like it for holding to my ear too. Seems to fit my hand much better.

I am having one problem with the Otterbox which is that my wife complains that with the case on, she can hear herself -- some sort of feedback loop. I've heard this mentioned one other place here and I think I'm going to search for it again. I believe when the person took off the cloth parts of the inner skin (which are supposed to protect the speaker, earpiece and microphone) the problem went away. We'll see.

Other than that, it's a great case.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    You may not like the hard cover cases, but I use the Blackberry Curve Pink Holster Shell from T-mobile. I wasn't able to provide you a picture of it as it doesn't do that from the web, but if you go to the T-mobile website, you should be able to go to "Plans and Accessories" and then find it from there. (Yes, the 8320 case works on the 8310 and the 8300.) Anyhow, I have the pink one. It is a little bulkier, but I find it efficient in that I am able to use the phone with or without the holster. I don't like the hard cases with the bulky circle thingy in the back for the holster. This one doesn't have that. The funny thing is, although it shows that it is $19.99 online, I bought mine at a T-mobile store for $9.99 plus tax.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by absolved View Post
    Sorry to hear about the fall! I know how you feel! I went on ebay and was searching for something specific that not many places cary. It's the Bodyglove brand case. It's soft and the texture feels like a "scuba" suit. I didn't like the bulky belt clip so I used small scissors and cut the thread around the clip in the back and it popped right out. So now I have a pretty slim soft case that has built in plastic to cover the screen, couldn't be more satisfied!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How did you get the Bodyglove case on? I couldn't get it on my phone at all. It's way too tight. And it got my Curve all sticky b/c of the glue in the seams. I threw it in a drawer and bought an Otterbox..... Love it.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.