Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not too many people understand what its like to be a real obsessed Blackberry owner ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down My 8900 got drunk

Advertisement

Not too many people understand what its like to be a real obsessed Blackberry owner such as myself. I really realized just how obsessed when my 8900 went missing yesterday at the lake.
    Everyone was saying "Don't worry its just a phone" Its not just a phone people!!
    I dumpster dove with a swarm of bees looking for my beloved 8900. Swam back near the dock looking down in the water. Searched everywhere. Then had to leave due to already being 2hrs late to my friends bday party. I returned to the lake to resume dumpster diving at 11pm.
    And there she was, at the bottom of a black trash bad covered in beer cans and cigarette butts. I pulled it out and beer poured from every crack. :cry:

Even though the phone was already off, I pulled the battery and went home to imediately take it apart. I disasembled every piece, cleaned every piece with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. Blew dried every piece. Now in about 10 pieces she sits on the table at home while I have reverted to using my old school Razr. I do have a 8320 that was once drowned in water that came back and worked perfect (battery is no longer functioning on that one, hence using the Razr)

I am going to reasemble tonight and pray to the Blackberry gods that she'll come back to life.

Any advice for me? Can I get it repaired if my cleaning job didnt work? For now I am totally crapped out. Having withdrawls.
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wow I feel bad for ya!! I hate getting a phone wet.....good luck tonight!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    OMG, that's horrible! =( I'd like, die if that ever happened to me. And yeah, some people totally don't understand the BB obsession. lol. Good luck with your BB!

Thanks guys... I am SOOO hoping its ok.
    T-Mobile

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I read somewhere soaking in rubbing alcohol helps it dry faster, but don't take my word for it. Good luck w/ your Berry!
    An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind. -Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by iamlife098 View Post
    I read somewhere soaking in rubbing alcohol helps it dry faster, but don't take my word for it. Good luck w/ your Berry!
    I pretty much drenched it in rubbing alcohol last night. With the thought of it cant get much worse after being soaked in beer....
    Thanks!
    T-Mobile

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Sorry for the bad luck i heard somewhere to put the phone in a zip lock baggie with uncooked rice for like 12 hours to help with drying it out.

Good luck

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just be sure it's all completely dry before you pt the battery back in, when you think it's dry, wait another 1/2 a day at least. I hope it gets revived!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yikes! man, make sure there is NO moisture left before you even think about inserting the battery. I've heard that the silica bags that come in electronics, in a plastic ziplock bag is your best bet. If you don't have access to one of those, the rice is supposed to work well. I really hope that it comes back to life with no damage.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a record or 2 of 911 calls for missing blackberrys. My work cut back and swapped our bberrys for "phones" (yes its true). That lasted about 2 days and before I resorted to heavy drinking I added a line my family plan and got a blackberry. Don't ask me how the phone quality is, I really don't know. That's actually the least I use for. Oh! Back to you! The alchohol and the rice help suck the moisture. And the alchohol helps ease the pain! Good luck!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

noquota no está en línea Stack level 2
    If it makes it through I suggest you stick a coors or budweiser label on the back. LOL

Thanks everyone. I think shes dead. No life what so ever. :cry: I really didnt think after spending 3 1/2 hrs drowning in a bag full of beer that it was going to make it.
    My loving father who is also obsessed with smart phones (windows mobile for him) and understands my pain said he'll help me replace my Blackberry. He's great!! :d I got lucky on this one. Cause I was going to be going back to my dead 8320 (not that going back to a BB would have been oh so bad..)

Quote Originally Posted by noquota View Post
    If it makes it through I suggest you stick a coors or budweiser label on the back. LOL
    Hahahaha! I would have totally done that. Maybe I'll berry (read bury) it in a beer can.
    T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ur561ad View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a record or 2 of 911 calls for missing blackberrys. My work cut back and swapped our bberrys for "phones" (yes its true). That lasted about 2 days and before I resorted to heavy drinking I added a line my family plan and got a blackberry. Don't ask me how the phone quality is, I really don't know. That's actually the least I use for. Oh! Back to you! The alchohol and the rice help suck the moisture. And the alchohol helps ease the pain! Good luck!
    Haha! I wouldve resorted to heavy drinking too.
    T-Mobile

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    Oh, that sucks! At least you tried saving it. That's cool of your dad to help you replace your BB. =) Try not to let this one get covered in beer, either! lol.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bummer! Otterbox might have saved it! Good luck on the next one. Hope it can hold its beer a little better!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast