Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone - I just ordered my 8320. I currently have the 7105 that I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Must Haves for Curve?

Advertisement

Hey everyone - I just ordered my 8320. I currently have the 7105 that I will be replacing the Curve with.

Can you guys/gals tell me some of the accessories that I should get asap? For example, the best type of case, earphones for music, bluetooth headset, screen protector, case, etc.

How about applicatons/software? I currently downloaded VIIGO for my 7105 and that is awesome. I am just wondering if there is anything else out there that I need to have.

Any good sites for themes, ringtones? Is there software out there I can buy to make my own ringtones?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

Re: Must Haves for Curve?

the case is all up to you, whether you mind bulk or not, whether you need protection or not, etc etc. I use my curve as an mp3 player when I snowboard, so I got an otterbox. For music I use bose around-ear triports, but that's also personal preference(and budget). I use Cardo s9's for my bluetooth.

As for apps, I would say google maps to match the GPSness of the 8300/10. Viigo is also nice.

We have themes and ringtones here, but right now I'm using the crackberry theme. and you don't have to buy software, just google "audacity" and there ya go.

However, I do suggest getting a miniSD.

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

i've had 2 curves, the 8300 and now the 8320. here's my suggestions:

earphones for music: v-moda vibe, iphone version. amazing sound quality and works well with phone functions

screen protector: i've tried almost all of them, my favorite is BSE, it really is the best. i liked the boxwave screens for a bit but looking back, everything else besides BSE is a waste of $

case: any case will do for me, i use the one that came with the 8320 from tmo as well as the clip case that comes with the verizon 8800 which was donated to me. i think the full body BSE skin pretty much covers you from minor scratches that you might get when the curve is in your pocket.

sd card: as bluesdrive suggested, definitely get one. i use a 4gb one that i keep tons of music and a few movies on. also nice to be able to as many pictures as you want and not have to worry about running out of memory. i wouldn't get anything larger than 4gb for a few weeks, or at least until the new os comes out which will reliably support >4gb

apps:
    beejive is my favorite app which i paid for, i only instant message a few friends, but i love the convenience of using just beejive and bbmsgr.
    viigo: good start!
    iskoot: i have a friend in australia that i call a few times, amazing to call for free
    google maps: much better than bbmaps with the pseudo gps feature, also works well with the gps puck i keep in the car
    facebook: neat little program, nothing that special, good way to waste a few minutes a day
    mini opera: it's a little better in some respects than bb browser, works better on some sites when bb browser won't keep me logged in and loses cookies. it's also annoying however that you can't use the keyboard shortcuts or the url typing shortcuts you can in bb browser
    medical software (not applicable if ur not in medicine):
    epocrates is free but doc alerts is annoying.
    skyscape: costs $ but works decently, not quite as good as having ebook textbooks on palm/windows mobile

themes:
    today plus: free download from official bb site, amazing!
    bphone: neat for a few days, but reverted back to the 6 icon tmo zen theme b4 i eventually switched to today+

that's my 2 cents
    Last edited by jikdoc; 03-02-2008 at 09:48 PM.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

As BluesDrive suggested case depends on your preference. However, I would recommend looking into BSE (BestSkinsEver) they make clear laminate casing and I can't say enough great things about it.

Also to correct BluesDrive you want a "MICROSD" card for your curve not a mini.

No need to purchase ringtone software if you search the stacks there are TONS of ringtones sites listed in these forums (all free) and even some links to software to help you create your own ringtones. Not to mention the "Official ringtone Request Threads" (you ask for it, someone makes it)

Apps are also covered here in the Pinstack forums check here
    and here just to get you started. There are plenty more that you can find just by searching around.

For headphones i use Shure's but they are kinda expensive so check out these, I've heard good things about them.

If you tell me more about your day to day needs I can give you a better recommendation on apps. Until then this wil get you going.
    Enjoy the curve
    :)

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

P.S.
    Sedio makes a pretty good extended battery for the curve that i recommend if you plan on getting addicted. Which with all these programs who wouldn't?
    :)

PIN/ID

Everyone thanks for all the information so far.

Looks like I am getting a MicroSD today from Ebay (or some other site for a good deal). :-)

For headsets for music listening...Do I need 2.5 or 3.5? Vortec, I like the ones (price wise) you suggested in that one link. Do all headsets let you listen to music and answer calls? I want to spend up to $30 on headsets. Are these the best I can get for that price range?

Just wondering...What does OEM stand for?

Case wise, I want something that is NOT bulky. For day to day uses, I just want some protection from scratches and I do not want anything bulky or heavy. IF I use it during running, I will also need to make sure it stays protected. IF I get this BSE, can it still go into a protector, if I use it a separate one on runs?

Vortec to give you some more information...I want to use my Curve for browsing, chatting, PINning, news info, listening to music, watching videos, looking at pics, taking pics, emails, etc and once in a while talking. :-) Yes, I will be more addicted than I am now with my 7100.

PIN/ID
    241BC149

for headsets, get the 3.5mm. basically, unless a headset has a mic part, you have to use a phone like a phone, no special headset features.

OEM is like, manufacturer stuff I think. Original somethingstartswithE Manufacturer(I have no idea)

Case wise, seidio makes a good hard case, it's a little pricey, but in my eyes, worth it if you don't want bulk.

The BSE may be able to fit into a protector, it'll probably be a really tight fit if anything

dreja530 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24388a59

OEM - original equipment manufacturer
    viigo, opera mini, facebook and googlemaps are must haves

PIN/ID

Anyone know what a good price range is for a 4GB MicroSD? With S/H, I am finding them for about $45 on Ebay. I was expecting them to be cheaper.

PIN/ID
    241BC149

4gb micro should get ALOT cheaper once they release 12gb.

coreysr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24426C48

Check out super media store! I bought from them before and there prices are good on everything I think and delivery is reliable and pretty quick!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that true ebay or go. Price shop on pricewatch.com they good prices

PIN/ID

I just bought a 4GB on newegg for just over $30 after s/h. Now, if I only could findout where to get some good stereo headsets at around $30. I might just end up buying the ones in Vortec's link. I need ones I can use while working out, walking, etc.

oscarfs no está en línea Stack level 1

I think the best accessories are the ones that you find comftable wearing, because even if you hear us you will find something that will catch your eye.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I realize there are some people who swear by the brand name hardshell cases.. But here's what I did...

Before I even stepped foot in the T-Mobile store to buy the device, I went to a mall kiosk (spl check)and purchased an aftermarket clear case for the 8300 series. Gotta say, the mere 10$ purchase has protected the phone from many a dangerous situation. (Only problem is it does not cover the screen... See BSE or any other clear screen film.

Just my two cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast