Hi! I am new to pinstack and BB. I have the 8310 and I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hope8310 no está en línea Stack level 1

Music Upload & Outlook Questions

Advertisement

Hi!

I am new to pinstack and BB. I have the 8310 and I have 2 questions. First - I am a Palm user for years and know that this will be a transition for me. However there is something I want to do but can't figure out how. I want to be able to type into my calendar and contacts on the computer as well as on the BB. I want to be able to see what I've typed on the BB in the computer after I have synced it. Is Microsoft Outlook the only program I can use to do that?

My second question is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my music that's on my computer (from itunes) onto my BB. I have attempted it many times in BB Media Manager and have read the user guide and nothing is working. I usually can figure out how to accomplish on the computer what I need to so this is especially frustrating for me.

Thanks for any and all help!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Music Upload & Outlook Questions

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1) Microsoft Office Outlook is the best way. If you use Office 2007 do not install Service Pack 1 because it breaks the Outlook-Blackberry sync functionality.

If you have a suicide pact you can use Lotus Notes but I highly recommend you stay far away from that virus.

2) Apple ITunes music is encrypted with Digital Rights Management (DRM) so it can't be played on anything other than an Apple brand iPod. Beyond the scope of my reply is that you can Google for products that break the DRM and once that is accomplished you can convert the music to the MP3 format where it can be used by any music player.

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm new to blackberrys as well, so I cannot answer the first question, but I can answer the second. It is true about the DRM thing as quoted above, but in case you were referring to just loading it to your device, it's probably the size of the file. I have recently tried, and I believe you can only upload 2 MB files at a time -- so anything exceeding that will not transfer directly. As recommended to me, you will need a microSD card (4 gig 45 bucks on amazon!). From there, store the files as MP3s and just pop in the card, and you are good to go.

PS, if you really need to remove the DRM from songs, if you burn the songs to CDs and import them back in, that removes the DRM. Long and tedious process, but just lettin ya know Good luck, I hate bein a noob to new stuff.. sorry I don't know more!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Vindicated x2x - You are correct about burning iTunes to a CD and then reimporting. Although this works I do not recommend it because this process also strips all the song identifying information away - the tags. So you wind up with MP3s labeled as Track1, Track2, etc. With no artist or album info. As long as you only intend to have one album on a device and know the order of the songs then it'll work. As soon as you do this with as little as two albums it gets confusing.