Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else feel that the sound quality of the 8300's music player is pretty ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wingnutsglory no está en línea Stack level 1

Music player sound quality

Advertisement

Does anyone else feel that the sound quality of the 8300's music player is pretty poor. I realize it's not a dedicated player, but I think the sound quality should be decent. Mine sounds just ok with high quality headphones (Grado SR80), and really lacking with anything less. The sound is there, but it really lacks fullness and lower end. It's kind of disappointing that you can't make adjustments either....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Music player sound quality

ive noticed that some mp3's sound different, but blame that on whoever ripped them...as for the music player, i have zero gripes

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ive noticed that some mp3's sound different, but blame that on whoever ripped them...as for the music player, i have zero gripes
    Ditto. I have no problems with my media player and the sound quality is pretty good.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I noticed a couple things about it:
    - It's a lot louder than I thought it would be.
    - Sometimes background instruments or low level sounds in the music drop out when played through the speaker, but usually not the headphones or plugging in through my car stereo.
    - And I'll second Cherri that sometimes it's the quality of the MP3 that can make a difference. Try ripping a song directly from a cd at a very high quality bitrate and see if you can tell a difference.
    - Also, it may depend on the type of music you listen to. My hardcore metal sounds fabulous and loud. Rap sounds very lacking in the bass department. And everything else, pop, oldies and techno is just average, nothing to write home about.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Have you tried buying a better headset? I suggest buying one of those good headset and see how it is

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Sound quality is fine for me, even using the headphones that came with my Curve. I do miss the ability to change the sound with an equalizer or even the most basic bass/treble functions, though.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

An EQ would do the Curve good. I doubt the speaker on this device is the best.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ its quite likely the headphones you're using, try decent ear buds like the senheiser cx300 with it and then see what you think...

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

He's using Grado headphones...Grado, IMO, makes the best headphones around. I use Grado cans myself with the curve and can't complain. Because you are using the SR-80's, you may need a headphone amp to get the best sound from the curve. I use the Sr-60's and SR-225's with a headphone amp and am quiet satisfied with the sound....my main source for mp3's though, is an iRiver H10 which really compliments my Grado's.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

I consider the sound quality excellent, using Motorola S9 as headphones. But then again, I also think my Sirius satellite has excellent sound too. I'm sure a number of audiophiles will disagree (with powerpoints and charts) and prove I am wrong. But for me, it sounds great!

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

I too must agree on the mp3s as the culprit as far as sound quality. I feel thatfor a phone the quality is great.(I know its a blackberry not just a phone so no handslapping). Its no rack system but to have the ability to play music at its level (& as stated above-improves with quality headsets) is quite nice. No complaints here.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I was actually pretty impressed with the sound quality when I first fired my Curve up. I have Sennheiser PX100s, and they sound fantastic. In fact, I think the music player is good enough to actually expose some of the flaws in my lesser-quality rips (the quickie ones done in WMP). Most of my rips were done in EAC with LAME, and those sound excellent. Decent bass response, but I agree; I want more tone control. I usually have to boost the highs a bit more.

sor609 no está en línea Stack level 1

A bit older thread by I must comment that I was hoping that there's an equilzer enriched media player of some sort out there because same mp3s on my motorola S9 on my PC sound light years better. And the only difference is that winamp has the eq. On the blackberry they sound pretty flat, very little base, high mids and low highs.
    I wish I was like you guys and find it great but it just isn't

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Though I don't use it much simply because of my Trusting 80g Ipod, but I did try it out when I first got it and was surprised at the quality of considering it was from a phone and all. Prior to my curb I was a mobile windows guy all the way, my last phone was a HTC/Cingular 3125 and I thought that sound via wired headphones and Bluetooth Jabra was most excellent, but the same music sound much better on the BB Curve.

I do believe someone mentioned the "Ripping" process and how that would effect the quality of your music, well that is 1000% correct. I would say that if you have the space on your Media Card, try sticking with 192 kbps - 128 (near CD quality) is good but you can definetly tell the difference between the two.

shockel5000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21066FE2

yea I love the sound on mine... compared to other phones that I have had it's really good.... only thing that could be improved on is the volume going higher but it's a phone not a surround sound!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast