I have Verizon service, and am currently using the old EnV phone, but have been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dhedrick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A6595F

Music on the Verizon 8330

Advertisement

I have Verizon service, and am currently using the old EnV phone, but have been thinking about switching to a BB for quite a while now. It sounds like in addition to using the BB as a phone, calendar, e-mail, etc. that I might be able to use it for music on my runs and when I’m travelling as well – is this true? Can anyone tell me how the music functions work on the 8330 (Verizon version especially)?

Thanks for your help!

~ Dale
    Last edited by dhedrick; 06-09-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome again...

Yes on the music...The Curve has a media player built-in. It plays Video, music, ring tones, views pics, and has a file explorer built-in. The ways to get media on the device is generally through a desk top application that comes w/ your device, called Desk Top Manager. It has a Roxio media transfer/converter. You can load songs from your pc, or through 3rd party sources, even friends who have BB devices. You can send via mms mode. You acn also download full length movies to you media card...which I highly suggest get atleast a 2-4GB micro sd when you purchase your device. I love the Curve and all it's options...and Yes I have Verizon as a provider. Any more questions, feel free to ask us.
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-09-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typos

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am listening to music on my VZW 8330 as I type this (also on the 8330). I have an 8 gig microSDHC card installed. The 8330 will index only about 6 gig of music. When you put more on it doesn't know about it until you delete some of the music you already listened to and reindex. The remaining space can still be used for movies or pictures, etc.

dhedrick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A6595F
    I was planning on going with the 8gig card, but it's really good to know that you can only index 6gb worth of music. Can you tell me if you can create playlists, etc? I would ideally like to create playlists for running, but still keep other music on there as well. I would also really like to find some way to put podcasts on as well, but I am not sure how to manually download them either. I love the idea of being able to have a single device that will effectively work for phone, e-mail, IM, music, PDA, etc. (and maybe also GPS if I can get it to play over VZNav like I want it to...)

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can definitely create playlists on the 8330 but I have no idea about podcasts. Hopefully somebody else can help you with that.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    no podcasts dont work when they are in quicktime format. i wonder they can be converted. i havent tried
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.