Hi all, Upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 this week and when I did a two ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2

Multiple Calendar Nightmare

Advertisement

Hi all,

Upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 this week and when I did a two way sync it wiped out almost all the appointments on my outlook although they are still on the 8310. I have tried doing a Device -> Outlook sync but they won't sync back to Outlook and it's really pi**ing me off.

I've sussed out that 4.5 now seems to operate multiple calendars i.e. one per email address and I've also sussed out that all the missing appointments are from one of the two email addresses I use with the device.

Although I can change the settings on the device to show "all" calendars I can't get "all" canendars to sync back to Outlook and I really don't want to have to recreate >150 appointments going out 6 months in Outlook.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

Regards,

Ben

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ben, If you have all your appointments on your phone and they are correct simply delete all the appointments on your Outlook and re-sync AFTER you have select the "Configuration" tab, "configure sync" > click on the word "calendar" and select "setup" at the bottom of that window. Choose Outlook, 1-way, etc. finish that process. Then select "advanced" and ALWAYS check the box for "notify me" under "conflict resolution so that you can review the changes BEFORE they take place. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Hi JBlackfish,

That's exactly what I'm doing but the device is only syncing ONE of the two calendars the device has now decided I have. A few appointments are associated with Email#1 & most with Email#2 but the device is only putting Email#1 appointments onto Outlook.

Is this multiple calendar thing new in 4.5? Why should it matter which email address appointments are associateed with? your calendar is your calendar.

Mega frustrated!!!

Ben

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry but I don't know anything about sync-ing multiple calendars. All I was trying to do is help you recover all your info. Maybe an expert will jump in and offer some advice and/or can help with your problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

You could try ABC Amber (http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html).

Go into DM, backup, advanced, select calendar entries, save as ipd and then use ABC Amber to convert the ipd to outlook...

Its not free and the demo version only lets you export 10 BlackBerry items a time...

Good luck!

OB.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

Hi OhBarnes, much appreciated. I'll give it a go.

Does anyone know if creating one calendar per email address is a new 'benefit' RIM have added in 4.5 and if so what's the logic behind it? Is there any way to disable this or to force all calendar items to belong to the one calendar? I really don't want to re-create this problem again.

Regards,

Ben

axall no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I had the same issue, what I did was delete the service books for the calanders in my 8310 and then hocked up the device to desktop manager and it synced all of my calander entries..

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    options>advance settings> default services

make sure those 2 are set to the same email address as your outlook is linked to.