I think bluetooth specifications allow for one device to connect up to other 8 devices, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2

Multiple bluetooth connections at the same time on 8900

Advertisement

I think bluetooth specifications allow for one device to connect up to other 8 devices, does this apply to our 8900?

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would not recommend connecting to two of the same type of service (2 headsets for example.. ), but I have connected to a headset and a bluetooth dongle on a computer with my 8900 at the same time.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    I would not recommend connecting to two of the same type of service (2 headsets for example.. ), but I have connected to a headset and a bluetooth dongle on a computer with my 8900 at the same time.
    I have done the same and I have noticed diminished performance for the dongle and occasional hiccups on the headset. there is a bluetooth bracelet thats made for people that are in high movement loud environments (Clubs) it vibrates on ur wrist instead of just ur pocket and ringing. Its very kewl but i am reluctant on buying it cuz i want my headset and it to work in tandem not either or.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    o.O.. we wants a bluetooth bracelet thingy. Or something like it! The vibe in the 8900 sucks (as we all know). Either that or something that can mentally tell me that I got a new SMS or that I'm receiving a call. Perhaps next year? LOL

Agreed about multiple bluetooth devices; the bandwidth for bluetooth is terrible. With the new wifi protocol coming soon that will allow device-to-device networks; I'm guessing that bluetooth will die a miserable death.

And then everyone that wonders why their 'bluetooth' doesn't work will finally understand that a WIRELESS HEADSET IS NOT A 'BLUETOOTH'... *sigh*

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Thumbs up Asked for and Recieved

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/9e31/

Bluetooth Bracelet Buzzes

$39.99 - $59.99

$49.99 (save up to 20%)

Your cellphone is sitting at the bottom of your bag, or perhaps lost in the cavernous folds of your jacket pocket. With the noise of the environment around you, you'll never hear it ringing. Maybe it's your girlfriend saying she wrecked your car, your mom informing you of an unexpected inheritance, your roommate telling you that zombie Ed McMahon's waiting for you at your apartment with a giant novelty check, or Jessica Alba asking you out on a date (hey, it could happen). The bottom line is, when your phone rings, you had better know it, 'cause you never know who's calling.

The BluAlert bracelet uses Bluetooth technology to buzz discretely on your wrist when your phone rings. Even in the loudest room, or the most boisterous dance-floor, you won't miss it when BlueAlert goes off. Even better, BluAlert acts like a security device! Once paired with your phone, if it should suddenly find itself more than 5 meters away, BlueAlert buzzes. Not only will you never miss a call, you'll never lose your phone.

Features

• Two versions:
      • Black version - just alerts to calls
      • Stainless Steel - includes caller-id display
    • Bluetooth v1.2, compatible with 1.1, 1.2 and 2
    • Appears as Headset and Hands-Free device
    • 2.4GHz Frequency
    • 3 hour charge time
    • 100 hour stand-by time
    • Resizable neoprene or stainless band fits wrists from 7.5" to 9.5" around
    • Bluetooth pairing code "0000" (four zeroes)

For the record I am not affiliated with Thinkgeek.com or the company that makes this Bluetooth device, I just think they are awesome! lmao
    ----

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I personally like the black but want the Caller ID feature on the Stainless steel one
    ----