Hi I'm new to the Blackberry and was wondering if anyone could give me some ... BlackBerry Curve forum

squatritomj no está en línea Stack level 1

Question MS Excel and MS Word Attachments

Advertisement

Hi I'm new to the Blackberry and was wondering if anyone could give me some better information than the sales rep. I'm using the Desktop Redirector for now until I get added to BES and I've been receiving emails with MS Word, MS Excel and some PDF attachments that I would like to open and view. When I open the email I find a line in the email like this [1 attachment] I tried everything to open this and even asked the sales rep (her response was "I have NO idea but I know the Blackberry Curve will open these" she then said maybe I should check the internet). Am I doing something wrong or won't the Curve open an attachment like this?

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Mike

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: MS Excel and MS Word Attachments

Mike
    You can check out eOffice or, soon, DataViz is coming out with Documents to Go for the Blackberry.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Yeah it'll open it fine. When you're in the message, hit menu and select "open attachment". That should do it. You may also want to pick up a program like BeamBerry for free that does better with the attachments and will let you save and print to a bluetooth printer.

Tucker

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Other more experienced people may have better advice... however for simply viewing these types of attachments when the email says [ 1 attachment]-- just hit the menu button and go to "open attachment." This should bring up a view of the document, but not editing and other features.

Hope this helps.

[yeah what he said!]

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

My mistake, just e-mailed myself a Word doc to my Pearl, and sure enough, I was able to open it!

I've been using the Pearl for two months, and had read about eOffice and Docs to go, so I assumed you needed one of those to open up a Word and Excel doc.

Sorry 'bout that, but actually, I"m glad to know I can at least open and read attached docs!

squatritomj no está en línea Stack level 1

That's the problem - when I open the email I can see at the top of the email it says [1 attachment] and at the very bottom of the email it says "application :whith the file name" but when I open up the menu I have NO open attachment command. I'm running the newest OS on the Curve. Just to clarify that I'm hitting the right key (the menu key everyone is talking about is the one to the left of the answer or dial key correct?)

Thanks