Ok so this is weird and I'm not certain how to fix it. I started ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

MP3's not showing up in main music folder

Advertisement

Ok so this is weird and I'm not certain how to fix it. I started uploading all of my cd's into iTunes yesterday. I have iTunes set to convert everything into MP3. After I did a few cd's I dragged my music from iTunes into my bb. I just used the mass storage route rather than DM. So after I get all of the music I want transfered over to my music folder in my bb I thought I was all set. Well, I unplugged my phone from the USB and opened up the media player to go check out all of my new music. Not even half of it was listed for some reason. But when I use the explore folder function I can see ALL of my music in their respected folders. All of it plays fine but it got all mixed up in regards to the order they were in (not all that big a deal). But why wont ALL of the music show in the main music folder? Any idea'rs?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: MP3's not showing up in main music folder

~via redberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea I noticed this last night. Trying to trouble shoot it. Haven't been able to narrow it down. will work on it tonight.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't use I-tunes. I rip Cds with Windows Media Player. But try this. Go to your media and instead of clicking your trackball to get into your music, click the menu button and select Explore. Navigate you wher you moved it. If that doesn't work plug it back into your pc and see if the MP3a are even there

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Go to your media and instead of clicking your trackball to get into your music, click the menu button and select Explore. Navigate you wher you moved it.

Yeah thats actually how I am doing it right now. All my stuff is there under the explore function, just not in the main MAIN folder where its all neat and pretty.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via redberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea I noticed this last night. Trying to trouble shoot it. Haven't been able to narrow it down. will work on it tonight.
    Well at least I am not alone! Thanks reddog!!!! Its really weird it would do that!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

yeah I didn't read that until after I posted. My bad. Just out of curiosity, try ripping one of the hidden MP3s with Windows Media Player and see if the same thing happens. If the same thing happens maybe there's something worng with the files themselves.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Ha no worries bro! Alright I'll do some from WMP tonight when I get home from work and see if it helps!

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

i've posted about this several times! everything that i tried just made it worse, after many hours of trying to reformat and attempting to manually add the categories every way that i ( and the wonderful folks at pinstack) could come up with, i just gave up and go from the explore menu. at first i was missing a few songs and several weren't being filed in the proper category, now most don't show up and i have only one song that is categorized, and i can't for the life of me recall what i might have done differently with that song. i'm just hard-headed enough to try again if anyone has another suggestion.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Try to rename the songs that don't show up to a short file name like song1.MP3 I think that worked for me. I added 6 songs and only 3 displayed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok wow check this out. I had a 2gb card in my phone all this time. Tonight I got my 4gb card from amazon. So I put both of them into my pc to transfer all the stuff from my old card to the new. So it gets done and I put the new 4gb card in my phone and go to check to make sure all is there. Well, all of my music now shows in the main media folder unlike before!!!!!!!! So it seems it was the 2gb card causing the problem!!!! Now I dont have to use the explore menu to get to my music. Weird this is.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

hmmm...weird.

I'm still trying to figure this out...UGH!!!

Do you have 2gb card? Cause with my new 4 it all is displaying perfect!!!! I also am stumped!