Greetings! I have owned the Blackberry Curve 8330 for a couple months (Alltel carrier). I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

progOhio no está en línea Stack level 1

Question MP3 Player and Movie Player Help

Advertisement

Greetings!

I have owned the Blackberry Curve 8330 for a couple months (Alltel carrier). I have been unsuccesful in figuring out how to use my Blackberry for audio files or video files.

Specifically, I want to manage/add/listen to my own MP3 songs on the device and add videos (movies, etc.). Alltel offer their Axcess Shop to buy songs, but this is not my goal. I want to use the Curve for listening to the hundreds of MP3s I already have on my PC and would like to learn if I can watch DVD-type movies as well.

I have attempted using the supplied "Media" area that contains "Music", "Videos", "Ring Tones", and others. I cannot find any information in that area to helps me figure out how to perform this function. The supplied Curve documentation does not explain what needs to be done.

Lastly, I used the Blackberry Help area on the phone. Using this, the only topics that appear for MP3 or movie files are related to ringtones. I looked in this forum and could not find any topics about using the multi-media area correctly.

I am very disappointed that this feature is not well defined and the ease-of-use makes me second guess this very expensive purchase (when compared to how easily it seems the iPhones make multi-media files operate). I want to enjoy this device, but without multimedia (except for buying songs through Axcess).

How can a new user like myself ever learn how to manage/view/utilize songs, movies, and multimedia?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help!

whiloh no está en línea Stack level 1
    for the media manager to work correctly you must have a media card inserted to the phone. once this is done, you will have to have the phone in mass storage mode for hte card when conencted to the PC.

once this is done, the media manager will allow you to have 2 windows, the top one will be the explorer for your computer, and the bottom one will be the explorer for the device.

you drag and drop the files, and once you have disconnected the device from the pc and go to media player it will search the card and build your library.

hope this helps!

shoestring no está en línea Stack level 1
    Probably self-explanatory, based on whiloh's comments, but you drop your video files into device:\BlackBerry\videos and your music into device:\BlackBerry\music.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    i know this is a stupid question, but what video formats are supported by the BB 8330??

sin3ity no está en línea Stack level 2
    What is a good program to convert movies to work on my bb?

pip611 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sin3ity View Post
    What is a good program to convert movies to work on my bb?
    use the media manager that comes with the desktop software

larryjak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why use the media manager that comes with Desktop Manager? I have 20 videos that I want to convert. There are some free programs out there as well as a few you can demo. I am currently evaluating Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate. It seems good but I am not sure what video codec to use as well as what screen size I should be using.

So now for my questions:
    1. What programs are you using to convert video to play on your 8330?
    2. Is there a better media player then what comes with BB 8330 4.5 OS build?
    3. What screen size should I convert my videos to?
    4. What is better mp4 or 3gp and why?
    5. Anything else you want to tell me about my questions relating to video and the local media player.