Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm not sure if someone linked it yet but when it comes to preparing movies ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

I'm not sure if someone linked it yet but when it comes to preparing movies and stuff for my BlackBerries, I use this program:
    http://download.cnet.com/Blackberry-...-10619884.html

And it lets you create custom profiles, so I just create a profile with the settings and screen size I want and that's it. It converts a few popular image formats and I think straight from DVD too.

It also lets you manage some of the movies already on your phone although I don't use that much.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I also have that program but I can't figure out how to put it on my phone?? Do I use the ipod? The generic? The phone? Or pda setting? I've already ripped the movie, but when I drag n drop...it doesn't let me play iy on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    I've got the Professional version of that as well. It works very good too!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    I also have that program but I can't figure out how to put it on my phone?? Do I use the ipod? The generic? The phone? Or pda setting? I've already ripped the movie, but when I drag n drop...it doesn't let me play iy on my phone

I would use the "Zune" or "PVA" setting. The Zune will convert to .wma. Not sure what format PVA will convert to....
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

I liked that program. I used it a couple of years ago when I had my Pearl. It did the job for me as well. I moved on to programs like Super C which allowed me to adjust more settings. It worked well with DVD's too like you said.
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well, I like videora, but if the zune setting will work, I'll try that. I like both programs....very useful stuff! Lol I'll post back after work n try youz guys input n advice. Thanx

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    To transfer movies to my 8900, i always convert them to avi Format or if this format does not work i usually try mpeg-4 and that gets it done for me...good luck...

PIN/ID
    ask
    my only thing is trying to fit it to fill the entire screen. i have the movie ripped, its in a mp4 format (idk how that could be since it didnt allow me to do that before) and it looks crystal clear, just need it bigger...

and now that i could do this....i need a bigger SD card.lol... i wanna put 2 or 3 movies on and a couple of shows

PIN/ID
    ASK
    my only thing is trying to fit it to fill the entire screen. i have the movie ripped, its in a mp4 format (idk how that could be since it didnt allow me to do that before) and it looks crystal clear, just need it bigger...

and now that i could do this....i need a bigger SD card.lol... i wanna put 2 or 3 movies on and a couple of shows
    Yup once you get into movies on the go, you will need a good size memory card. I have an 8gig and my music takes up over 5 gigs of it so now I'ma get a 16gig or 32gig.

Most of the high quality movies with good picture and sound that I had were a lil over 200mb each so make sure you get a card with enough room for what you want now, with a little bit extra for the future.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I been searching everywhere (best buy, ebay, amazon, microcenter, etc) and I can't find a 32gb card. I've only found a 16gb card for 50 buks (not a bad price). Where did you find a 32??? Btw...I added "The Dark Knight" n its 964mb....but the sound n clarity are awesome (again, just screen size too small...lol)

PIN/ID
    ASK
    I been searching everywhere (best buy, ebay, amazon, microcenter, etc) and I can't find a 32gb card. I've only found a 16gb card for 50 buks (not a bad price). Where did you find a 32??? Btw...I added "The Dark Knight" n its 964mb....but the sound n clarity are awesome (again, just screen size too small...lol)
    There are only a few 32gb cards ( I found one on Newegg) but they are still very expensive so I didn't get one yet.

That memory quote was from my old Curve I haven't put a movie on the 8900 yet but I would expect it to be bigger due to a larger screen. I think I'm going to do Dark Knight now

PIN/ID
    ask
    Lmao...good choice! It takes forever to rip tho...it took me about the same time the movie runs. N just like a pot of boiling water, you can't stare at it cuz nuthing happens. Lol.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    I've noticed some confusion about which formats are supported/not supported etc. The blackberry website, while supplying correcting information, does not exactly make clear how to interpret it.

There's a difference between a file type (the container file) and how it is encoded (the video inners being placed into it). Avi is one of the most broad file types in which you can have an .avi encoded with xvid, h264, divx, etc. Depending your encoding choice 1 type may play correctly on your berry, while other may not. My suggestion, go with the default video that came on your berry (the John M vid) and choose extension .mp4 and encode it with .mp4 as well. While other formats can and do work, I've found this is one of the best combinations of size/quality/reliability. Also drop frame rate to 25 or lower when you encode or you can end up getting sync issues. The Storm is the only bb released that properly supports full 30fps playback (as blackberry.com will verify). There are quite a few different programs you can use, but to I'd suggest any that use the Mencoder as its core. Most that do use it aren't that fancy of apps (since mencoder is an open source command line), but gets the job done, is free and allows a high level of customization to help find your personal taste of quality-to-size. When I get home I'll link to the one I currently use.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    I've noticed some confusion about which formats are supported/not supported etc. The blackberry website, while supplying correcting information, does not exactly make clear how to interpret it.

There's a difference between a file type (the container file) and how it is encoded (the video inners being placed into it). Avi is one of the most broad file types in which you can have an .avi encoded with xvid, h264, divx, etc. Depending your encoding choice 1 type may play correctly on your berry, while other may not. My suggestion, go with the default video that came on your berry (the John M vid) and choose extension .mp4 and encode it with .mp4 as well. While other formats can and do work, I've found this is one of the best combinations of size/quality/reliability. Also drop frame rate to 25 or lower when you encode or you can end up getting sync issues. The Storm is the only bb released that properly supports full 30fps playback (as blackberry.com will verify). There are quite a few different programs you can use, but to I'd suggest any that use the Mencoder as its core. Most that do use it aren't that fancy of apps (since mencoder is an open source command line), but gets the job done, is free and allows a high level of customization to help find your personal taste of quality-to-size. When I get home I'll link to the one I currently use.
    I always wondered, why is there a difference between the file type and its encoding, other file types don't do that? (well some pictures but besides that)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123