Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I tried the S9 for a week and was so-so pleased with it. The sound ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RenegadeNY no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset

Advertisement

I tried the S9 for a week and was so-so pleased with it. The sound quality is not bad. It gets pretty loud and pretty clear. The problems I had with it were the following:

- extremely rigid design hurt my ears. I dont think my head is any different than most heads, but the pressure hurt my ears after minutes of use.

- the mic didnt do such a wonderful job during phone calls. People had a hard time hearing me when I was outside or somewhere not quite silent.

A few points:

Stereo bluetooth works fine with the 8320.

Audio from video (watching movies,clips,etc) will not work at all via bluetooth. This had nothing to do with the headset... This, to my understanding, seems to be due to the amount of processing it takes to both decode a video and transmit bluetooth audio realtime which also takes processing power.

Hope this helps.

-Ren

blakwngbrd no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeNY View Post
    Audio from video (watching movies,clips,etc) will not work at all via bluetooth. This had nothing to do with the headset... This, to my understanding, seems to be due to the amount of processing it takes to both decode a video and transmit bluetooth audio realtime which also takes processing power.
    I got the S9 working with audio from video using Dollar5. Converted a movie from avi format using MediaCell BlackBerry Video Converter and watched it on my phone using Bluetooth -> S9, no problems at all. This is with a Pearl, though, perhaps the Curve is different? I would think the newer phone would be more likely to work smoothly, though.

Installed Dollar5 media player and couldnt get neither video sound nor music coming through my bt stereo headset..

Hard to imagine since the pearl processor is not as powerful as the curves.. but if you say so.
    Also odd since the player from dollar 5 doesnt support A2DP... the S9 is an A2DP headset...

hmm call me skeptical..

Installed Dollar5 media player and couldnt get neither video sound nor music coming through my bt stereo headset..

Hard to imagine since the pearl processor is not as powerful as the curves.. but if you say so.
    Also odd since the player from dollar 5 doesnt support A2DP... the S9 is an A2DP headset...

hmm call me skeptical..
    I can't offer much in the way of proof, but it definitely does work. I'm using it right now, in fact. I will admit - I just checked, and I'm not getting stereo (sound only in one ear). Still, much better than not working at all! Now if only I could disable the flashing blue light while I'm watching a movie...

Quote Originally Posted by blakwngbrd View Post
    I can't offer much in the way of proof, but it definitely does work. I'm using it right now, in fact. I will admit - I just checked, and I'm not getting stereo (sound only in one ear). Still, much better than not working at all! Now if only I could disable the flashing blue light while I'm watching a movie...
    Cool.. sounds good.. fact is that pearl isnt a2dp so it left me guessing as you can imagine. But i dont doubt that perhaps they managed to feed the audio through. in fact since its isnt stereo it does use way less resources so i guess it is possible.

thought i saw a menu option for flashing trackballs.. might be wrong but i think you can disable that.

Cool.. sounds good.. fact is that pearl isnt a2dp so it left me guessing as you can imagine. But i dont doubt that perhaps they managed to feed the audio through. in fact since its isnt stereo it does use way less resources so i guess it is possible.

thought i saw a menu option for flashing trackballs.. might be wrong but i think you can disable that.
    Yeah... it's not the trackball, it's the little light in the upper right corner (the one that flashes red when you have a missed call, etc) The flashing does a great job of getting my attention when I need to check messages and so on, but it drives me nuts when I'm looking at the phone for extended periods of time.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

just go to options/screen keyboard /led coverage indicator and turn it off now as for the s9 its a great headset works on my 8830 but like some have said the only problem i had was the headset hurt my ears after awhile

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    just go to options/screen keyboard /led coverage indicator and turn it off now as for the s9 its a great headset works on my 8830 but like some have said the only problem i had was the headset hurt my ears after awhile
    Ahh thank you! That's SO much better. Funny thing is, this headset really doesn't bother my ears - and I'm used to headsets hurting my ears. Not sure what's different about these, they seem to hurt everyone but me!

btdub no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset

Quote Originally Posted by blakwngbrd View Post
    I got the S9 working with audio from video using Dollar5. Converted a movie from avi format using MediaCell BlackBerry Video Converter and watched it on my phone using Bluetooth -> S9, no problems at all. This is with a Pearl, though, perhaps the Curve is different? I would think the newer phone would be more likely to work smoothly, though.
    How did you get the S9 working with Dollar5? I have the trial mediaPlayer from Dollar5, but I can't seem to get anything through the headset when I try to play audio. I don't want to pay the money if I can't use my headphones, ya know?

gtinmiami no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this same issue. Has anybody resolved this??

ReccaKun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E08FB0
    so there is no solution to this? audio and video with bluetooth???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12