I got to mobile network in options. Here is what it says. data services-on Connection ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

More Curve issues

Advertisement

I got to mobile network in options. Here is what it says.

data services-on

Connection preference-wi-fi preferred

mobile network-at&t (im t-mobile and it wont let me change it) should i worry?

network selection mode automatic

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: More Curve issues

maybe you are roaming on att... i know its scarey for a tmo user.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: More Curve issues

Quote Originally Posted by NOID
    I got to mobile network in options. Here is what it says.

data services-on

Connection preference-wi-fi preferred

mobile network-at&t (im t-mobile and it wont let me change it) should i worry?

network selection mode automatic
    Don't worry about this. It's because you're connect through UMA probably. My phone was doing this also. It could be that your local phone company is AT&T and you're using DSL or U-Verse (a fiber optic internet to the node concept) through the AT&T landline network, and it's identifying your internet/WAN IP address, as being registered to AT&T.

Or (and this is most likely) it could be that you are indeed roaming on AT&T/Cingular towers. T-Mobile leases many towers from the former Cingular. Actually - I've heard they're the former AT&T towers from before Cingular and AT&T merged way back when.

Mine has since after a couple days switched to show T-Mobile. I don't know if it's because of the UMA vs uma issue (where I only have uma right now b/c of T-Mobile's acclaimed upgrade) or what. But it only happened to me the first day I had my phone. The easiest and certain way to tell is to call 611.
    --
    Walt