Well, it was a couple of months ago that I wrote about my unfortunate experience ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Mop Bucket update.

Advertisement

Well, it was a couple of months ago that I wrote about my unfortunate experience with the mop bucket and my 8330.

Long story very short.

Phone essentially fixed itself after extended period (2weeks) with no way to interact with the device.

All was well, until about a month ago when the m button stopped working. :/
    My theory is there is some corrosion or possibly some dirt/crap/whatever (fraternity house mop bucket :cry: ) messing the the "m" key.

Here is my question.
    Should I "invest" in a replacement keyboard from ebay. (like 15bucks) and see what happens? I will be getting a tour relatively soon anyway, and have lived with the m button for a couple of weeks (useful addition the autoreplace function ).

What do you suppose the odds are that the issue is limited to just the connections between circuit board and m button?
    If the issue can be fixed with a keyboard replacement then that is something i will probably do, and then either keep the phone as a backup or pass it on to a friend or family.

Cheers,

"I am the yetti"

PIN/ID
    ASK
    I reread the thread and realized I didn't really phrase my question right.

Has anyone had similar one key not working, and has replaced the keyboard?

or has anyone ever replaced a keyboard on the curve when they have been having problems?

What are the odds that this will fix my broken key problem?

Cheers,

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    For the price it seems like a logical solution. Its about a 50/50 shot. Berries and liquid don't mix. Good luck with whatever you decide, and let us know if you get the new keypad and it works.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    While it's entirely possible something like a fat grain of dirt became lodged under that key, I would tend to believe it's not going to be that simple. For $15 and a little bit of your time, you really can't go wrong. I would however wait to get my Tour just in case, because I mean c'mon, how long can you really be without your device?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ASK
    haha you hit the nail on the head!

Thats totally the reason why i have not tried this "fix" yet. i cannot stand to be without the berry for very long, and dunno what i would do if i broke the 8330 before i got the curve.

I will try and open her up and see if there may be dirt in there. It doesn't feel like, so i dunno, but i suppose its worth a shot.

Cheers,

Yetti

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Before you consider opening it up for a cleaning, you might try a good ol' can of air duster and try to blow the lint/dirt out. I had to with my old 8120 after I lost my case and had to carry it in my pocket for a while. It used to collect lint like a magnet.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS