Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by reddog187 You know all you have to do is reload the OS. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Mobile IM: uncaught exception: 0>= 0

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    You know all you have to do is reload the OS. No need to return it.

You're IM client is NOT a reason to return a phone. That wouldn't be under warranty. Most of the time they will help you solve this over the phone, and if they can't help that is what the forums are for.

i reloaded the OS 3 times and it didnt fix the Corruption on the phone.
    At&t Rep did it 5 times same thing

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

So you wiped the phone totally and installed the OS from a clean slate? That usually solves any problem.

Yea i guess the device was trash. As long as you got a working phone

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes wipe it all (at&t connected to a computer and wipe it to where it said (something like load os)
    over 45min to 1 wait just to tell me (sorry man we will have to give you a new phone this on is tost)

LOL

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

LMAO...that sucks.

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

Now that is crazy att replacing a phone over one program not working because of corrupted data? Easiest solution was what I originally suggested, however, a mac user will probably lost the bb messenger contact. An unfortubate to deal with however I would rather deal with that versus not having an I'm program not work!

Charlie

FitDragonLady no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dmnall View Post
    Have you tried my suggestion of uninstalling a program like I recommended and using advanced to wipe setting/data and it will automatically back up phone and wipe everything and reinstall all the program settings and fix the OZ IM program. I used that program for msn all the time and I had the same problem the other night.

Charlie
    For anyone else having this problem, I just wanted to let everyone know this worked for me.

Thanks!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I had that problem, too. I ended up deleting that program and buying JiveTalk. I think it's an awesome program. It uses data instead of sms.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

The problem with AT&T recommending a return of the phone was just probably due to one person at AT&T that just didn't understand Blackberrys and or the program. I don't want to sound like a comercial or sales person because I don't work for Jivetalk, but Jivetalk is one word answer to your problem.

rzunig1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need more information

Ok, came across this site while searching for a solution to my Mobile IM program that keeps giving me the uncaught exception error.
    I know that the complete uninstall and reinstall of all the software on the phone, solves this problem, but only temporarily. I will get the error out of the blue again within a month. I have done the uninstall and re-install with BB support so many times that I know how to do it all myself, but again, it comes back within a month.
    I have a BB curve 8310, and my wife has the exact same phone, and same progam, and her Mobile IM program has never crapped out with that error, so I know program does work with these phones. Also, I was recently given a new BB because of another problem, and after loading Mobile IM (OZ) client, I got the error within a week.
    This is very frustrating, so if anyone knows what causes this problem, please let me know. I'm tired of having to wipe out all the software on the phone every month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12