Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trying to launch Mobile IM on my 8300 and keep getting an Uncaught exception: 0>= ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mdz
    mdz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mobile IM: uncaught exception: 0>= 0

Advertisement

trying to launch Mobile IM on my 8300 and keep getting an Uncaught exception: 0>= 0 error. tried reinstalling and got the same error. not sure what else to do. i've tried searching for a fix but been unsuccessful. anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix that?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Mobile IM: uncaught exception: 0>= 0

try a battery pull, if that doesnt work then delete it and then re-install it

mdz

tried that and still no luck

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

the program is probably not compatible with your device
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

I had that same problem the other night and what I did was install IM+ and then went into the Application Loader on my pc and uninstalled IM+ and under advanced had it wipe data, back up and restore the data. That actually got it to work again with out problems. A battery pull or even hard resetting the phone did not fix it.

Charlie

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I also agree that it might not be for your device and carrier.

PIN/ID
    STACK

What application are we speaking of?

mdz

i'm actually using OZ 4.1.3. it was working fine then all of a sudden one day i tried to sign on and got that error.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Oh that really explains it all then...The OZ IM client is very realiable.

Have you been able to get it working again? Did you uninstall it and delete the service book? Try that. Then reinstall and see if that will solve it.

Hope you know it uses your TEXT messages and NOT data. Hopefully you have unlimited text.

mdz

I haven't been able to get it working. I know it uses text messaging and it was very reliable. I tried looking for the service book but can't seem to find it unless it isn't filed under OZ in the service books section. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still nothing.

I installed ramble for the meantime and it works great but that doesn't keep me logged in. It logs me off after leaving my phone idle for a few minutes.

thanks for the help red

PIN/ID
    STACK

The service book would be under AT&T IM Services or T-Mobile IM Services...(something of that sort)

Maybe you can re-send service books? That might help...instructions can be found here #13 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

Quote Originally Posted by mdz View Post
    I haven't been able to get it working. I know it uses text messaging and it was very reliable. I tried looking for the service book but can't seem to find it unless it isn't filed under OZ in the service books section. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still nothing.

I installed ramble for the meantime and it works great but that doesn't keep me logged in. It logs me off after leaving my phone idle for a few minutes.

thanks for the help red
    Have you tried my suggestion of uninstalling a program like I recommended and using advanced to wipe setting/data and it will automatically back up phone and wipe everything and reinstall all the program settings and fix the OZ IM program.. I used that program for msn all the time and I had the same problem the other night.

Charlie

mdz

Quote Originally Posted by dmnall View Post
    Have you tried my suggestion of uninstalling a program like I recommended and using advanced to wipe setting/data and it will automatically back up phone and wipe everything and reinstall all the program settings and fix the OZ IM program.. I used that program for msn all the time and I had the same problem the other night.

Charlie
    I didn't want to resort to wipe it but that fixed my OZ . unfortunately my mac didn't back up my BB messenger contacts so i have to manually add/request everyone again.

oh well, thanks everyone!

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mdz View Post
    trying to launch Mobile IM on my 8300 and keep getting an Uncaught exception: 0>= 0 error. tried reinstalling and got the same error. not sure what else to do. i've tried searching for a fix but been unsuccessful. anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix that?

Happen to me Last night Called At&t the (Im) program is Corrupted
    So thay told me to go to an At&T store and get a new one (phone was only 4 days old)
    I ask what happens if it was past the 30 day return. was told its would be under warranty

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
    Happen to me Last night Called At&t the (Im) program is Corrupted
    So thay told me to go to an At&T store and get a new one (phone was only 4 days old)
    I ask what happens if it was past the 30 day return. was told its would be under warranty

You know all you have to do is reload the OS. No need to return it.

Your IM client is NOT a reason to return a phone. That wouldn't be under warranty. Most of the time they will help you solve this over the phone, and if they can't help that is what the forums are for.
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-05-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast