Hey all I know that we have all had some trouble with the release of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Mobile IM is here for 8310!!!!!!

Advertisement

Hey all I know that we have all had some trouble with the release of the 8310
    and not being able to use Oz Communications: Mobile IM. Well my fellow berry
    users Mobile IM is HERE!!!!!! for your 8310 Muuuwwwwaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa!!!

It is available through MediaNet as the previous versions have been.
    Go to ----\/
    1. Media Net
    2. Mail & Messaging
    3. Mobile IM (should be right on the top)
    4. Say welcome back to your favorite IM app

As far as features are concerned, one that I noticed there was a lack of, is you
    cannot be signed into multiple messaging services (ie. yahoo/aim/windows mess.)
    Im not to sure if there is any new features for the different services. I will be looking
    into this and if I have any updates I will post back on here, or if you find something
    just post it here and let us know.

On another note, you can use Mobile IM and Y! Messenger v2.0 at the same time.
    If you have done the work and done your part for service books as per Harry provided.
    This is the method that I will be using since Y! v2.0 has more features vs Mobile IM.
    Below I will include some screenshots just in case you want to look before you d/l.

And as always feel free to leave some. Im still on average. HAHA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sanzen71; 11-04-2007 at 04:13 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Mobile IM is here for 8310!!!!!!

Be forewarned. OZ uses SMS - NOT Data! Neither BlackBerry Connect nor BlackBerry Enterprise include SMS, and it's an extra $10 (1500 SMS message) to $20 (Unlimited) to add SMS Messaging to the standard BIS Data plan. Oh yea, without an SMS plan, it's $0.15 PER MESSAGE - that's for every 160 characters, or every time you send OR RECEIVE and IM regardless of its length...

As posted here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ssaging.html#1
    JerryD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanx jdellasala for the extra info. As we know this uses sms.

dbmet no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks..looks interesting

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Question:

Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanx jdellasala for the extra info. As we know this uses sms.
    I have a question, My friend? wouldn't it be better just to download a free copy Of Webmessenger.com? myself and you, we have the same BB, and i also have the Newest OS (4.5) and its the best..but this is just my thoughts...

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    I have a question, My friend? wouldn't it be better just to download a free copy Of Webmessenger.com? myself and you, we have the same BB, and i also have the Newest OS (4.5) and its the best..but this is just my thoughts...
    I'm not sure who you're addressing, or "better off" - than what?

The most important fact about Oz is that it bites the big one - regardless of how it works. It's incredibly slow, the people you're chatting with hate the long delays - especially if they're on a computer, and it only works with one IM network at a time.

I suppose if you don't want to pay for data service and pay for unlimited SMS instead, it is an option.

However, if you do have data service, you're doing yourself and those you chat with a disfavor using this client (IMHO). Although they're still a bit rough around the edges, there are now several free IM clients that work on all major IM network simultaneously. Browse my Mini Version Tracker list for some!
    JerryD

WOW this post is old haha and it got resurrected haha