Hello all, I recently had my blackberry replaced and now I find when I go ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

mobile.blackberry.com/browser question

Advertisement

Hello all,

I recently had my blackberry replaced and now I find when I go mobile.blackberry.com I am taken to a different home page than I previously was with my old blackberry. The page just has two options: 1. is the option to go to the blackberry "help website" and 2. is the option to go to "blackberry.com." Any ideas? How do I get to the mobile homepage that lists downloads and applications, etc? When I try to click the link to go to blackberry.com, my browser runs very slow and eventually it takes me to a page that just is a comparison between phone models. Also, I use to be able to use Media Net and my Browser seperately (IE: have different web pages on both). Now whatever webpage I am on is displayed on both Media Net and the Browser at the same time.

My browser config is set to :
    Support Javascript
    Allow JavaScript popups
    Support HTML Tables
    Use Foreground and Background Colors
    Use Background images
    Support style sheets
    Style Sheets media type= "Screen"
    Show images on WML and HTML pages
    Emulation Mode= Blackberry
    Content Mode= WML and HTML

Default Browser Config= Internet Browser
    Default MDS Browser Config= Internet Browser
    Default WAP Browser Config= Media Net

Thank you all for any help

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: mobile.blackberry.com/browser question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~now a few questions have you typed in mobile.Blackbery.com from your browser? If you type it in and it works you can then go to your options and set it up as your homepage.

What provider are you with. Check your browser settings in your options to see if its set up for internet net service.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~now a few questions have you typed in mobile.Blackbery.com from your browser? If you type it in and it works you can then go to your options and set it up as your homepage.

What provider are you with. Check your browser settings in your options to see if its set up for internet net service.
    I'm with AT&T. I've tried typing in the web address in both Media Net and the Browser and still have the issue. Can someone maybe post what settings they currently have in their browser config.

mrwalleyeman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243ea07a

I havent had any problems going to mobile.blackberry.com my settings are as followed (AT&T) by the way
    these are what have check marks in them

support javascript
    support html tables
    use foreground and background colors
    support embedded media
    support style sheet
    ok then on the rest i have
    style sheet media type = handheld
    show images = on wml & html pages
    emulation mode = blackberry
    content mode = wml & html
    homepage address http://home

I hope this helps you
    Fishing isnt a matter of life and
    death its much more important

Quote Originally Posted by mrwalleyeman View Post
    I havent had any problems going to mobile.blackberry.com my settings are as followed (AT&T) by the way
    these are what have check marks in them

support javascript
    support html tables
    use foreground and background colors
    support embedded media
    support style sheet
    ok then on the rest i have
    style sheet media type = handheld
    show images = on wml & html pages
    emulation mode = blackberry
    content mode = wml & html
    homepage address http://home

I hope this helps you

Thanks for this. I changed a couple settings but still have the problem. Weird. Let me ask you this, if you're on a desktop PC and type in mobile.blackberry.com do you get the exact same page as you do on your phone (shown below)?

[FONT=verdana]The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. Learn more about BlackBerry here.
    For more information about BlackBerry visit www.blackberry.com.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]

Copyright © 2008 Research In Motion Limited, unless otherwise noted.
    [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

"...if you're on a desktop PC and type in mobile.blackberry.com do you get the exact same page as you do on your phone (shown below)?"

That's exactly what you get.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had the same problem and called my network (T-Mobile UK) and they told me that my handset hadn't been provisioned correctly they sorted it now.

Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had the same problem and called my network (T-Mobile UK) and they told me that my handset hadn't been provisioned correctly they sorted it now.
    The issue is now resolved. Anyone have any ideas why my Browser and Media Net both still show the exact same webpages? I use to be able to have different pages on each.

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    The issue is now resolved. Anyone have any ideas why my Browser and Media Net both still show the exact same webpages? I use to be able to have different pages on each.
    I have had this happen to me. While in the browser, select the menu key, scroll down and select close. When I did that, I again had separate pages for media net and browser.

Quote Originally Posted by acrimsontide View Post
    I have had this happen to me. While in the browser, select the menu key, scroll down and select close. When I did that, I again had separate pages for media net and browser.
    I called AT&T today and explained the situation. They checked every setting and suggested a couple changes. After an hour of troubleshooting they still could not figure out why the Browser kept resetting to the Media Net. Long story short they said I would need to have warranty replace it. My current replacement phone is 2 days old and now I have to get another replacement tomorrow...that will be 3 8310's in 3 days. I hope it's just a fluke that I've had all these problems. I love the phone so I guess at least I'm getting the inferior blackberrys off the market