Hopefully someone can help me out here. I recently sold my iphone and came back ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

MMS woes

Advertisement

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I recently sold my iphone and came back to my first love. A Blackberry Curve 8310. While I had some growing pains getting my account all switched over from the crazy stuff they attach to your account with the iPhone, I finally got everything iPhone related finally removed from my account. Now everything is working great, except MMS.

I was on the phone with tech support the other day for about an hour, and they really came up with nothing for me. In the end all the tech guy said was to go down to the att store and get a new sim card since the one I was using was the one that was in the iPhone. And we all know that the iPhone doesnt like MMS messages. So I got my new SIM card.

Here is the problem. I can send and recieve MMS with no problem throughout the att network. I can receive from Verizon (the only other carrier that people I know are on), but when I send then never get through. I have tried other phones in our family plan and they are all fine. The same people that dont get mine, send and receive to others in my family plan. It is just me sending a MMS from my curve to anyone outside of att.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to correct this?

I am using a stock Curve 8310. Not unlocked or changed in anyway. Oh, and the messages are being sent. I get the checkmark that says they went out.

Thanks for any help stackers!

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    if you're getting the check that they're going out then it's verizon's issue. once that check is there, it's left the at&t network. you can call up at&t and have them run a trace on a message to find out where it's getting hung up, but more than likely it's not their issue. i always had an issue sending anything to verizon, they don't like to play well with other carriers.

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow. That is just weird. Any idea on why they can send to me with no issues?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by vas729 View Post
    Wow. That is just weird. Any idea on why they can send to me with no issues?
    Don't know if it is the same on ATT but on Tmo if you are not set up in menu, options, sms text, data coding... with 7 bit you get the check but it drops at the other carriers server, but you can send perfectly fine to others on the same carrier as you since it never leaves the network. Hope it helps.