Is there a way to manually set the mms settings on the Blackberry curve?... BlackBerry Curve forum

Birbo no está en línea Stack level 1

MMS settings

Advertisement

Is there a way to manually set the mms settings on the Blackberry curve?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: MMS settings

... for what carrier, there are a lot with the 8300. Fill out your profile with your device/carrier details
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Birbo no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using a Norwegian carrier called Netcom, (which does not carry Blackberry as such) combined with Blackberry support from Mail2web. I know Netcom support sending MMS messages but I just have to find a way to enter the setting into my Blackberry. My Blackberry curve is an unlocked AT&T. Would switching to an operating system from another vendor help?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you will not get any where then if your carrier does not support BlackBerries. They require a BlackBerry data plan since MMS travels by data. sorry

fredflake no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem(at&t unlocked in Norway) after reading A LOT on the net, in the last days I have figured out I need the service books for MMS. I have a data plan with my provider, but are missing the service books for MMS. Can these service books be sent either by l or be downloaded by a wapbrowser ?
    Last edited by fredflake; 01-08-2008 at 03:52 PM.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

MMS requires MMS Service Books, which require a BlackBerry Data plan to receive them. If your carrier does not support BlackBerry (or you do not elect to get the plan) you will not be able to do data functions (such as MMS).

OK, so far my provider does not support BB. Will you then confirm that; if I had bought a unlocked curve which contained the service books, it still wouldn't work ?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by fredflake View Post
    OK, so far my provider does not support BB. Will you then confirm that; if I had bought a unlocked curve which contained the service books, it still wouldn't work ?
    the service books do not come based on the device, they come based on the carriers permissions for that device to use certain services.

ok but in my device the MMS is not even listed as a message type... Though email is ... I have read in the last days about a lot of people using BB on carriers without any dataplans. How ?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm from norway, and use dual sim with telenor / trigcom.

To place it simple, i've had so many chats with telenor regarding MMS setup, my phone bills doubled..
    They don't have the servicebook for MMS, telenor sweden (vodaphone) do have it, but techs at telenor (2nd and 3rd line) says its not possible to adopt it to norwegian servers.

Telenor is not going to support blackberry, they don't have any plans for it. So it wont happend. Same would be for NetCom.

NetCom got their little puppy called Trigcom, they use the NetCom network.

In Norway its only TDC and Trigcom who support blackberry devices. In order to get a data plan and MMS to work you'll need to have one of those.

My solution to the problem was to get hold of a dual sim adapter.
    You can read more about that experience here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_adapter.html

Tricom BB private cost 130NOK (22$) a month, and its NOT unlimited data transfer.

Regarding the MMS option not showing up, this will be resolved when you get the servicebooks. you'll have the options there. But if you use a carrier with no data plan you'll only get a message saying no MMS service record found.
    I made myself this little lonley post regarding that when I joined this forum:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._carriers.html

Sorry for the bad news, but believe me.. I've spent a lot of trolling and googeling to come to this conclusion
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 01-11-2008 at 03:17 PM.

OK, thanks. I ve ended up buying a dataplan from Trigcom now, works fine. I've been a Telenor customer for years and was a bit sceptical to change carrier. On the other hand Trigcom can deliver a twin sim solution, which allows two telephones to have the same number, also for SMS/MMS, which telenor can not. (Telenor Twin sim system have different numbers for SMS/MMS and regular calling) So it looks like I will move my numbers to trigcom, can not see why I should not.
    Last edited by fredflake; 01-17-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I see, hope you got the deal with 5mbit transfer inlcuded in the 138kr a month, they've just changed it. I managed to get the deal at the last min..

The changes they made was not to include the 5 free mb, and to compensate lower the call costs for all calls..

send me a pin and i'll help ya out in the future if anything.. we are pretty much the only two active norwegians here.. he he. Atleast whom i've noticed. :P