Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OMG Blackninja you are my SAVIOR!! This was the problem. My Jivetalk was conflicting with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dynamiks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2421890A

Re: MMS not working on my 8320!! Getting ANNOYED!

Advertisement

OMG Blackninja you are my SAVIOR!! This was the problem. My Jivetalk was conflicting with the MMS, once I switched it to BIS, everything works fine now. I love these forums! Thanks again for the help. I doubt I woulda ever figured that out on my own. Me or the BB Techs @ Tmobile.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah mine are set to bis and still nothing
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiks
    OMG Blackninja you are my SAVIOR!! This was the problem. My Jivetalk was conflicting with the MMS, once I switched it to BIS, everything works fine now. I love these forums! Thanks again for the help. I doubt I woulda ever figured that out on my own. Me or the BB Techs @ Tmobile.
    hey, no prob, glad it worked out.

WATAA!

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My wife and I are having the exact same prob on our 8300s (att). We've done everything from wiping and reinstalling the OS to reprovisioning our accounts. Pulling the battery is the only thing that fixes it, and it lasts for around a day until it stops working again. Checked Jivetalk settings and is set to BIS.

mike mikeŠ no está en línea Stack level 2

damn i thought it was jus me ... i even tried the "send a mms to my self" got the red X ... i can only send pics when i choose a email ..not a phone .. i have the data plan .. i dunno wuts wrong...had this same problem with my pearl ..but my curve i thought would be diff ..
    so yall sayin i should delete ALL service books? or one in particular ??
    then go to tmo.com and resend???

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox

My wife and I are having the exact same prob on our 8300s (att). We've done everything from wiping and reinstalling the OS to reprovisioning our accounts. Pulling the battery is the only thing that fixes it, and it lasts for around a day until it stops working again. Checked Jivetalk settings and is set to BIS.
    what 3rd party apps do you have and what themes?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mike mikeŠ
    damn i thought it was jus me ... i even tried the "send a mms to my self" got the red X ... i can only send pics when i choose a email ..not a phone .. i have the data plan .. i dunno wuts wrong...had this same problem with my pearl ..but my curve i thought would be diff ..
    so yall sayin i should delete ALL service books? or one in particular ??
    then go to tmo.com and resend???
    email and mms are not linked. has your mms ever worked on this phone? are you not able to receive or only not able to send? also, you said you had the same problem with your pearl. did it ever work on your pearl? were you ever able to receive or send?

you may not be provisioned to send mms. call up your phone provider and make sure they have it enabled and then ask them to send you a test picture. also, if you have a friend with any type of picture phone (same provider), pop your simcard into their phone and try to send/recieve picture message. if it doesn't allow it, your simcard could be damaged and need replacing or your account may not be provisioned.

shoot some feedback to the above questions and I'll try to help you narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    email and mms are not linked. has your mms ever worked on this phone? are you not able to receive or only not able to send? also, you said you had the same problem with your pearl. did it ever work on your pearl? were you ever able to receive or send?

you may not be provisioned to send mms. call up your phone provider and make sure they have it enabled and then ask them to send you a test picture. also, if you have a friend with any type of picture phone (same provider), pop your simcard into their phone and try to send/recieve picture message. if it doesn't allow it, your simcard could be damaged and need replacing or your account may not be provisioned.

shoot some feedback to the above questions and I'll try to help you narrow it down.
    thanks i appreciate the info .. to answer some of the questions ... mms neva worked on my pearl ..unless it sent it to an email address ... i know its not the sim card cuz i have a razr v3t as well ..and i put the sim card in there and i can send and recieve pics fine ... for some reason its jus the pearl and the curve i git a red X when i try to send a pic ..even to myself ...someone told me that mms works on something called "WAP" and BB data plan doesnt support WAP ?? on t zones?? but u cant have tzones and the BB dataplan together .. ... but i know people with tmo and have the curve .and they are able to send MMS .. i am lost HAHA

PIN/ID
    spam=no

haha, I'd be lost too. if you have the bb add-on you are supposed to be able to send/receive MMS and it is configured through a service book called "MMS". the first msg being sent to yourself is usually just to register yourself on the network and get the ball rolling.

since you only have this problem with blackberries and you've never been able to send/receive pics, I am lead to believe it's something provider side. I'd ride them about it and stick it out with a rep or two. ask them to remove and re-add the bb add-on and to re-reconfigure it again.

have you already tried deleting all your service books and resending?

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

i know that with Tmobile you must first send yourself an MMS message... as weird as that sounds I called them and did and it worked from that point on! Dont know why its just something that has to be done

I Sent Tmobile An Email ...and Today I Got 2 Text Messages .. One Is A Welcome To Tmobile Hahaha Dont Know Where That Came From I Been With Them For Over 6 Years ...and The Second Was A 992 Area Code Sayin "ota Ok"

Now I Can Send Mms .. I Jus Tried .. Hmmmm Hahaha

they sent me an email sayin it was a error on their part ..and on my tmo online page .. under my plan it has this now

Included WAP access
    Last edited by mike mikeŠ; 10-08-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    what 3rd party apps do you have and what themes?
    We both have several 3rd party apps installed. Jivetalk, Viigo, Gmail app, Google maps, Simulsays, Beyond411, bbweather and beamberry I believe is the complete list. As for themes, just the unlocked themes on mine; my wife installed several others from here, but tried different ones and still had the same prob, so don't think it's theme related, at least for us.

Actually harry3334 has been working with us to reprovision both phones (thanks again man!) and so far it looks to have worked. It's been working for two days straight now without having to pull the batteries and that's a new record!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hehe I try to do my best bonebox..
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Well, it finally stopped working again today . After working for 5 days straight I was starting to think it was fixed permanently.

I think my only other alternative now is to try and install a different OS other than the newest ATT version which we're running now. I'll try it and let you know the results.

Well more bad news. Installed the latest OS (4.2.2.173) on both our phones, and STILL have the same problem. ATT says all they can do is send us "new" (ie reburb) phones, but we really don't want to do that for various reasons. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as we're at our wits end trying to fix this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast