Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Okay I am getting very frustrated with my 8320 lately since the MMS keeps giving ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dynamiks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2421890A

MMS not working on my 8320!! Getting ANNOYED!

Advertisement

Okay I am getting very frustrated with my 8320 lately since the MMS keeps giving me problems. It won't allow me to send or retrieve MMS's, but only sometimes.

I searched the forums and saw that I should delete my MMS service book, and resend them. Then go to the host routing table, re-register, then reboot my device. Everytime I do this, my MMS starts to work, but then after about 5 minutes. If I try to send or recieve, it stops working again till I repeat that process all over.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is wrong? I am getting sick and tired of this. Everyone else I know with an 8320, their MMS is working fine. Why is mine the only one giving me problems?

jeanralph no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c8f509
    I had problems with my older BB with the mms feature but I called bb tech support and had them troubleshoot with me it took a while but they eventually came to a solution didn't encounter any problems after that

PIN/ID
    2421890A

Re: MMS not working on my 8320!! Getting ANNOYED!

ugh it's looking like this is what i'm going to wind up doing. I hate calling tech support to trouble shoot though, because like you said I will be on the phone all day trying to come up with a solution. I was hoping maybe there is an easy fix before I make the call.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm gonna help someone tonight wipe their bb (using java_cmdr) and reload os -- that is what att cs told him to do.

There is another thread on this. Look for *unlocked 8320 on att*

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Call your carrier and see if you have provisioning set up on your account. I had this problem myself and am on ATT, they deleted my plan and re-added it and my problem was solved. I had already done all of the service book deletion and resending as well as registering HRT and none of that had worked, so calling them was my last resort and that finally worked.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm gonna help someone tonight wipe their bb (using java_cmdr) and reload os -- that is what att cs told him to do.

There is another thread on this. Look for *unlocked 8320 on att*
    hey CC... is that PDiddy u are helping with that tonite... let me know how that goes would ya, buddy???

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    2421890A

Looks like I'm just going to have to called T-Mobile tech support. Pray for me guys, as I hope I am not on there forever and ever, lol

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

you'll laugh, but when I had MMS prob with Curve after doing the service book delete, resend, etc. is I went online to tmobile.com and inside I found it had the wrong phone selected for me. It was some old 7 series. Once I changed it back to Curve, within minutes everything was working properly again.

PIN/ID
    2421890A

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    you'll laugh, but when I had MMS prob with Curve after doing the service book delete, resend, etc. is I went online to tmobile.com and inside I found it had the wrong phone selected for me. It was some old 7 series. Once I changed it back to Curve, within minutes everything was working properly again.
    I wish that was my problem, but unfortunately I have the 8320 selected in My Tmobile. =\

inkwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me

The same thing happened to me yesteday, and I never owned that phone.

Luigi

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tryed sending an mms to your self. hope it works

PIN/ID
    spam=no

curious, what 3rd party apps are you running?

PIN/ID
    2421890A

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinejg
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tryed sending an mms to your self. hope it works
    Yes I've sent MMS' to myself before. Everytime I resend the service books, and re-register, it works for a few minutes, but if I try to send or recieve one later on in the day, it stops working.

curious, what 3rd party apps are you running?
    I currently have Jivetalk, Gmail, Google Maps, Viigo, Opera Mini, Beyond 411, and the bPhone theme.

By the way guys, I called T-Mobile and they were not able to come up with a solution. They said there is some kind of outage in my area, but I honestly don't believe that is the problem. Cause like I said it works everytime I resend the service books for a lil while. Plus everyone else I know with the 8320 theirs is working fine. The Blackberry tech I spoke to said he will call me back next Tuesday to see if it is working yet, otherwise they will credit my account and see what they can do to fix the problem then. So I guess I just have to wait for now, as I have not been able to come up with a solution.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

i wiped device and reloaded os and still have no option for this
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiks
    Yes I've sent MMS' to myself before. Everytime I resend the service books, and re-register, it works for a few minutes, but if I try to send or recieve one later on in the day, it stops working.

I currently have Jivetalk, Gmail, Google Maps, Viigo, Opera Mini, Beyond 411, and the bPhone theme.
    Two possible solutions:

For JiveTalk, do you have it set to run over BIS or TCP in the settings? if its running over TCP, that could be the reason for the outages. the BB OS only allows 1 tunnel at a time. If JT is connected over TCP you are unable to send or retrieve MMS msgs at the same time and will get the big red X.

Another is possibly a faulty theme. I am not familiar with the bPhone theme, but I've seen themes in the past cause battery drain, errors running certain apps and other weird bugs. Now it could be a perfectly fine running theme, but just in case, I'd try totally removing it from the phone (not just switching themes), reloading your service books and seeing what happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast