I had posted several months ago in a couple different threads here and here about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb MMS Issues Linked to SimulSays

Advertisement

I had posted several months ago in a couple different threads here and here about both my wife and I having trouble with sending/receiving MMS messages on our 8300s (AT&T). After trying about everything under the sun (including various config changes, resending service books, calling support countless times, re-provisioning both our accounts, reformatting/reinstalling OS, installing newer OS, etc, etc), and several Curves later (they finally sent us new 8310s.. one good thing out of this whole ordeal) with the same problem... I FINALLY figured out the source of the problem. SimulSays.

My wife had finally uninstalled it on her Curve because she was getting fed up with people getting cut off during their VMs because of the 1 minute limit on the free version. She found that her MMS seemed to start working a lot better, although at the time I didn't link it to SimulSays. I finally uninstalled it on my phone as well, and bingo, MMS has worked perfectly ever since. I have no clue as to why it causes this problem, but I'm assuming it has something to do with how it's constantly running in the background. Anyway, just wanted to put this out there for others who may be encountering the same problem and hopefully prevent them the same headache we had to go through.
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-24-2007 at 07:01 PM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: MMS Issues Linked to SimulSays

Glad to see you found the cause. I was not familiar with the app you mentioned so I read up on it. You may want to look into YouMail instead. It is free and will send your voice mail to your BB in an email so you can listen to it without using your phone minutes since it comes via email on your data plan instead. You can find YouMail here: http://www.youmail.com and set it up in minutes. I have it set to send my VM's via email instead of text messages and have the VM sent as a .wav which will play on the BB.

Let me know how that works out..

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I am digging youmail. great find!

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Glad to see you found the cause. I was not familiar with the app you mentioned so I read up on it. You may want to look into YouMail instead. It is free and will send your voice mail to your BB in an email so you can listen to it without using your phone minutes since it comes via email on your data plan instead. You can find YouMail here: http://www.youmail.com and set it up in minutes. I have it set to send my VM's via email instead of text messages and have the VM sent as a .wav which will play on the BB.

Let me know how that works out..
    Wow, that's really crazy that you mentioned YouMail.. I was "Googling" for SimulSays alternatives just a few days ago and came across YouMail and signed up for an account. I'm still trying it out but liking it so far, and I love the ditchmail feature! Only drawback is I did like being able to peruse my vms from the native app that SimulSays provides, and it seems to be the only one out there so far for BlackBerry.

Just an update - I read in another thread that this may be an issue with how the SimulSays app uses up all of the limited APN connections on the BlackBerry, and there's a similar issue with the Opera browser (although I never encountered that since I don't use Opera). I emailed SimulSays last week about the problem (the same day I started this thread), but haven't heard anything back from them yet. Hopefully they'll be able to get it resolved, although I'm still not sure I'll switch back to it mostly due to the 1 minute limit they have for voicemails, and I'm really liking YouMail a lot so there'd have to be some bigger incentive for me to switch back. Now if only YouMail would implement some type of mobile visual voicemail I'd be perfectly content...