Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone having problems sending MMS today July 4th? It was working fine all day on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

MMS Issue

Advertisement

Anyone having problems sending MMS today July 4th? It was working fine all day on the 3rd, yet today everytime I try and send an MMS message, I keep getting "Failed to send".

Running the stock TMO OS 4.2.2.180, Cleveland Ohio area..

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    yes now that metion it i am having problems, my girls phone is having problems 2, any suggetions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    yes now that metion it i am having problems, my girls phone is having problems 2, any suggetions?

I think it's a TMO issue. I've already pulled the battery, resent service books, no luck. Regular text works just fine, yet when I try to send a picture message it fails..

JUICE56107 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm actually having trouble receiving mms

curvejess no está en línea Stack level 1
    Me too. I thought something was wrong because I just got my Curve (8320) a few days ago and nobody tried to send me one until today. I called Tmo but they're closed for the holiday. I'm glad I found this thread.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by curvejess View Post
    Me too. I thought something was wrong because I just got my Curve (8320) a few days ago and nobody tried to send me one until today. I called Tmo but they're closed for the holiday. I'm glad I found this thread.
    I've had this problem since I got my curve a month ago. Its hit or miss, sometimes I get the pics or what have you but I always have to retrieve them manually. Which I never had to do with my pearl. I have the mms setting set to always retrieve too. Ive found that if the person resends whatever it is they sent it works 98% of the time....dont ask me where I got that percentage from lol

cysmith1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21c7a8a2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i've had this problem for over a month now. I can send fine but can't receive at all. Tmo seems 2 think its my device.

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28
    Evening All...

I had this issue for a while made multiple calls to TMO Support... Here is what I got from TMO CS and from some posts here from fellow stackers that have resolved my MMS issues.

1) Go to Options
    2) Advanced Options
    3) Service Books
    4) Delete MMS Config 2.0 ( if there, this is a new service book that was pushed out last weekend)
    5) Delete MMS Config ( Old Service Book)
    Back out one level
    6) Go to Hosting Routing Table
    7) Menu Click Any of the TMO USA listings( anything but the one in bold)
    8) Click Register now.
    9) Back out to Main screen and check if Network Registration is received,
    10) Pull battery and reboot phone
    11) Enjoy MMS

Hope this helps. Its exactly what I did and havent had any issues with MMS since.

Happy 4th Pinstackers
    3)
    ***RIP<3MD***

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    i had been having troubles sending emails with attachments, mms, and sms messages (sms occurred today) but i think this will help me out...thankss

PIN/ID
    Kudos to islandpinoy he's right I found this out yesturday evening. Good job!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by islandpinoy View Post
    Evening All...

I had this issue for a while made multiple calls to TMO Support... Here is what I got from TMO CS and from some posts here from fellow stackers that have resolved my MMS issues.

1) Go to Options
    2) Advanced Options
    3) Service Books
    4) Delete MMS Config 2.0 ( if there, this is a new service book that was pushed out last weekend)
    5) Delete MMS Config ( Old Service Book)
    Back out one level
    6) Go to Hosting Routing Table
    7) Menu Click Any of the TMO USA listings( anything but the one in bold)
    8) Click Register now.
    9) Back out to Main screen and check if Network Registration is received,
    10) Pull battery and reboot phone
    11) Enjoy MMS

Hope this helps. Its exactly what I did and havent had any issues with MMS since.

Happy 4th Pinstackers
    3)

I've done all of this and it still does not work on my Curve.. Same message, "Failed to Send".

Also this doesn't explain why 2 other non Blackberry phones cannot send or receive MMS.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Hey will this work with Att BB 8310 as well?? if so i'll try it

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks. It works.

I decided to turn off wi-fi and try to send a picture through Edge. That works fine, however as soon as I enable wi-fi and connect to my wireless network, MMS goes back to not working.

Nothing has changed with my wireless network, but something must be preventing the messages to go out. Suggestions / ideas? I've already reset the router and so far that did not solve the problem.

*BUMP*

Still no MMS sending or receiving through wi-fi with UMA on! WTH! This was working fine a week ago..

I spent over an hour with tech support, she walked me through pretty much what has already been covered. Still, "Failed to send message", and I can't receive either.

I even swapped out the SIM with another phone I have and it did the same. I've wiped the OS, and re-installed 4.2.2.180 which is what I had installed. That too had no affect.

I've hit a couple of other boards, some other users are also posting the same issue, with no luck getting it resolved. Nothing has changed on my end as far as my network goes, so I am started to think there may be something wrong with the device.

I found from another board, by hitting ALT + LGLG it pulls up an event log. So right after I received an error from sending MMS, I went into this log. Below is a snip from a BOLD error which was not in the log prior to attempting to send.

Name: WAPIOException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Jul 08, 2008 23:34:56
    No detail message
    net_rim_wap
    WAPConnectionImpl
    sendRequest
    0x1753
    net_rim_wap
    WAPRequestImpl
    readResponse
    0x32C6
    net_rim_os-2
    HttpProtocolBase
    transitionToState
    0x464F
    net_rim_os-2
    HttpOutputStream
    flush
    0x45BA
    net_rim_bb_mms
    HttpSender
    send
    0x1612
    net_rim_bb_mms-1
    SendMessageTask
    run
    0x9C51
    net_rim_bb_mms
    BackgroundTaskThread
    run
    0x3AF

This must be the culprit. Is there anyway to tell if this is a problem with the OS, or the device? The tech support rep told me to take it into a TMO store, but again this is only a problem with sending wi-fi, not on Edge, does anyone know if the retail stores have wi-fi and can test this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast