Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok some of this info is part from another post. So i got into looking ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3

mms for blackberry 8330

Advertisement

ok some of this info is part from another post.
    So i got into looking for this app or w/e it is bc i really want to be able to mms on my phone.

so i go to sprint site and look if 8330 can send mms and it cant yet well true mms
    is say it can but it cant this is the info i found on there site http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp1110...blackberry_mms

To send an MMS message, perform the following steps:
    1. In a message list, press the Menu key.2. Click Compose MMS.3. Perform one of the following actions:
    • If the contact is not in your address book, click [Use Once]. Click Email or Phone. Type an email address or an MMS phone number. Click the trackball.
    • If the contact is in your address book, click a contact. Click an email address or MMS phone number.
    4. Type a message.5. Press the Menu key.6. Click Send.

So i call sprint bb support to find out they said someone mess up on this info. i ask her when the 4.5 will come out and she told me she doesnt know that it out but there having issues with it come sprint what taking so long and y do have fake post on ur site about mms.
    I start looking into sprint forums and this is what i find out. ok i posted this on a thread somewhere else in ps just putting it where all the 8330 user can see it

You can still send pictures to other mobile carriers, you just need to know how to send them to a particular carrier. Here is a show list of some of the common providers and sending picturemail.

Sprint handset - phonenumber@pm.sprint.com

Verizon handset -phonenumber@Vzwpix.com

Tmobile handset - phonenumber@tmomail.net

AT&T handset -
    phonenumber@mms.att.net

AllTel handset -phonenumber@message.alltel.net

US Cellular handset -phonenumber@mms.uscc.net

Nextel -Phonenumber@messaging.Nextel.com

I saw this is a different post credit goes to some guys names Whoops

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Hey what would metropcs' e-mail be?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    35a500f3

kels no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31CB6DAE
    The Us Cellular Wont Work. Been Trying For Over A Week Now. Keeps Coming Back Undeliverable To All The Customers.

HelloKitty26 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you know if you have the latest os you can send pics with the mms

tahoedoll no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah not sure if i understand the question correctly.. just upgraded to OS 4.5 and i can send pic and txt (over 160) to Verizon - no problems..

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everyone (other than SPRINT) that has the 8330 can send pic mail. PERIOD. If you have Sprint like I do, you CANNOT SEND PIC MAIL. PERIOD. Unless they just came up with it in the last 2 weeks, they have not given us the ability to send MMS through your 8330.....PERIOD!! lol. I've been pissy about this since I got my phone last year. This topic has been been beaten into the ground. I've just accepted that they will not ever do it and I can't wait until the Pre comes out. It is SUPPOSED to be able to send pic mail....but we'll see if Sprint screws us over again. My contract is up with them. If that phone doesn't have pic mail, I'm leaving after being with them for 10 years. What's the use in having some of the best phones on the market that has the capability to do everything a person could want if you're going to neuter them???
    Last edited by Blade69; 03-13-2009 at 02:03 PM.

PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    sorry man ur late mms isalready out for blackberry 8330 from sprint update ur os. and resend ur service books u should be good to go

Luis998 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo88 View Post
    sorry man ur late mms isalready out for blackberry 8330 from sprint update ur os. and resend ur service books u should be good to go
    I'm going to start looking right now but how would I update my OS and resend my service books? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Start here.

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=100243
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks, jf. I hate asking questions half the time in forums but I've looked and am confused on how to do it properly, do not want to mess things up as my BB is my life line and am not sure which version to ugrade to. Thanks again.

Np. Never be afraid to ask here. Follow those directions you should be golden. If not, someone here will be able help ya out.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Start here.

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=100243
    Good help jf. I would just throw this out there as well. If you are new to BB and a little nervous about upgrades the easiest way to do it is by going here. It will upgrade your device to the newest operating system from your carrier by using your PIN.

Doh! You know I forgot about that. One of the problems with using betas. Thanks cowboy.

Np. Never be afraid to ask here. Follow those directions you should be golden. If not, someone here will be able help ya out.
    It's not that I'm afraid to ask though, it's just that I do NOT want to ask without attempting to answer my own question first. There is no sense for that if you ask me. I've never been much of a lazy person. I do a lot of research on cars as I am working on a project and hate to ask a question without at least having some type of previous knowledge of it. Your help is greatly appreciated, jf.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Good help jf. I would just throw this out there as well. If you are new to BB and a little nervous about upgrades the easiest way to do it is by going here. It will upgrade your device to the newest operating system from your carrier by using your PIN.
    Thank you ask well, modern. I'm not new to BB's in general but am to the OS upgrade. I don't think I've ever done it on my 8330. I may have in my 8830 or my 7520 or 7100...etc. etc., but never on this one. Heck, I can't remember. Work owns me. haha I will check out that link and thanks again, modern.
    If a tree fell in a forest and killed a mime, would anyone care?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast