Im trying to send some pictures to a few friends of mine and after being ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Albguy07 no está en línea Stack level 1

MMS appears as black lines???

Advertisement

Im trying to send some pictures to a few friends of mine and after being sent they are recieved as a picture of black lines...anyone know why this happens? but i do recieve all pics.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: MMS appears as black lines???

MMS doesn't have inherent message-size limitations like SMS, which is limited to about 160 characters, depending on the language. Some operators have capped the size of an MMS message at about 100 KB, which is sufficient to carry, for example, a photo and a 10-second audio caption or clip describing the image.

MMS message sizes depend on a variety of factors. One is the resolution of the phone’s camera: the higher the resolution, the larger the message. Another factor is the network technology. For example, EDGE and UMTS networks provide broadband speeds, so operators that have upgraded to those technologies have more bandwidth to support applications such as large MMS messages. A third factor is the age of the MMS service: if it just launched, the operator might initially limit message sizes until it has a better understanding of how much data traffic MMS will drive.