I have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and just bought a 4 GB memory card for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ace_2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing songs on 4 GB memory card in BlackBerry Curve 8310

Advertisement

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and just bought a 4 GB memory card for it. It's a SanDisk microSD card. I used Media Manager to copy mp3's from my laptop to the BlackBerry. When my BlackBerry is connected to my laptop via USB it says all of the songs I put on there are on there. When I disconnect my BlackBerry from my laptop I can only find the first half of the songs I put on there. I put them on alphabetically by artist as that is how they were sorted in Media Manager and anything that begins with M or after that I can't pull up in the Media Player on my BlackBerry. I can't even see the songs to play them. Any ideas?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had this happen on my 8130 with a 2 gb card and I've seen other report similar experiences.

When I load big batches of music or videos at once, it takes the media player/BB a while to find everything. I find that if after I am finished loading the card, I disconnect from the PC and I open the main media icon then leave my BB alone for about 15 minutes. Then I click on music and everything is there. The same with videos. See if that works for you....just passing on my experiences......

I have not loaded my 4gig card yet, but I imagine it would take longer.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    It takes a couple of minutes for Media Manager to index the new music files/directories after an update. And with these new 4gb and 6gb memory cards loaded up with data it can take a little while. 6gb of data ain't peanuts.

Also make sure your MP3 files are up to date with their Artist, Album, Genre, Track#, Year, Image mp3 tags. This info helps media players sort the files.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_2000 View Post
    I have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and just bought a 4 GB memory card for it. It's a SanDisk microSD card. I used Media Manager to copy mp3's from my laptop to the BlackBerry. When my BlackBerry is connected to my laptop via USB it says all of the songs I put on there are on there. When I disconnect my BlackBerry from my laptop I can only find the first half of the songs I put on there. I put them on alphabetically by artist as that is how they were sorted in Media Manager and anything that begins with M or after that I can't pull up in the Media Player on my BlackBerry. I can't even see the songs to play them. Any ideas?
    Try taking out your memory card and then putting it back in the slot. 4gb memory cards are compatible with Bb's. It's just the 6 gig ones that have problelms. I have the same memory card that you have, had that problem before and just reinserted my card.

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    just like rmarkowitz said...just wait a few minutes...it sucks and is slow, but when 4.5 comes out...it'll be much much much faster.