Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone else encounter this problem with their curve? I used to have 3 choices ... BlackBerry Curve forum

theoellis no está en línea Stack level 2

Missing BB Browser?!?! WTF?

Advertisement

Has anyone else encounter this problem with their curve? I used to have 3 choices for my browser; MediaNet, Internet Explorer, and BB Browser. I would shuffle between IE and BB explorer depending on what kind of surfing I was doing. I recently noticed I no longer have the option of BB Browser its disappeared!!! I can still choose BB for my emulation mode but not for my browser. Does anyone know why this happened and how do I get it back??? I've had my 8310 for about 3 months now and just noticed the change a week ago. Suggestions???

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Login to your carrier's website and resend the service books. There might be an icon on your device that says Manage Internet Email or Setup Internet Email.

I'm do have a setup email icon. But I'm not having email problems. I will look into this and also goto my vendor site if that doesn't work. I will post back in a bit with my results. Thanks for the tips!
    ~via BB 8310 4.2.2.170 (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It sends service books for the browser too.

Ok I went to "email set up" and selected "send service books". It said they were sent. So now what do I do? Do I need to "activate" them or are they already installed or what? Also I just recvd a congratulations email on setting up my email? I'm assuming I disregard this "standrd" msg.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just checked my browser options after resending service books. Still no BB Browser? DOH!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

etervotion no está en línea Stack level 2
    have you tried registering with the Host Routing table (options -> Advance -> Host Routing Table. Hit menu and register with it.

I have tried registering which brings me to another question. How come I have a list of like 20 different routing tables? Do I need to register each and everyone of them. Some of them are duplicate numbers? What does this mean??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok folks I have received a million "your handheld is now registered" msgs. I have even pulled the battery to reset and I still don't have the option of selecting BB Browser and this is all after I resent the service books! I am at wits end. I really prefer BB Browser over IE. Is there no one who can help? I'm still taking suggestions stackers...~via BB Browserless 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Is the icon hidden?

Not really sure what you're referring to when you speaking about the IE browser. Internet Explorer?

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by theoellis View Post
    Has anyone else encounter this problem with their curve? I used to have 3 choices for my browser; MediaNet, Internet Explorer, and BB Browser. I would shuffle between IE and BB explorer depending on what kind of surfing I was doing. I recently noticed I no longer have the option of BB Browser its disappeared!!! I can still choose BB for my emulation mode but not for my browser. Does anyone know why this happened and how do I get it back??? I've had my 8310 for about 3 months now and just noticed the change a week ago. Suggestions???
    I think a lot of people are reading this and scratching their heads. There is no such thing as Internet Explorer for Blackberry. If you're refering to the BB browser on IE emulation, you can't have it as that and blackberry emulation at the same time. There would be only two browser choices normally unless you had OperaMini as a third choice. You should always be able to go back and forth between blackberry emulation and IE emulation on the same browser. If there is anything you can tell us that would clarify what you or I said, "we're all ears" . :-)
    Last edited by ikasen; 05-11-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Sorry for the confusion and not explaining this clearer. I do appreciate all of the suggestions and help and until I get this resolved please keep em coming.
    Ok when I have my browser open if I hit the "menu/applications" button(the BB trademark button) from there I goto Options then Browser Configuration. At the top of this screen it used to give me 3 choices. One was "BB Browser" next was "Internet" and 3rd was "Media Net" now for some reason I only have the latter two as my choices. I just want to know how I can get the BB Browser back. Does this help clarify what I'm trying to accomplish? I'm on ATT curve 8310 OS 4.2.2.170
    Thanks again for all the help~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Sorry man, not sure where you're getting the BB Browser Option.

The Internet (option) is your BB browser.

I only have 2 options, one is Internet and the other is T-Zones.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    emulation is how you want the browser to act/perform.

when in browser, choose menu/options/browser confi

then scroll to emulation mode: and choose what you want from there...i have 6 choices.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I used to have that problem but DJsmooth told me to do the same thing. Resend the service books. reset; retrieve the sim card, replace, start it up and wham there it was. well; hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast