This afternoon I missed an appointment because my Curve didn't remind me about it. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Missed reminder on Curve

Advertisement

This afternoon I missed an appointment because my Curve didn't remind me about it. I checked and double-checked the reminder setting and the date and time, but everything's correct. It should have reminded me about the appointment yesterday, and it didn't. I'm really freaking out here. This is the first time this has happened. The whole reason I got a BlackBerry was to keep track of things and remind me about them, since I'm so scatterbrained. I feel like I've been betrayed by a good friend.

Can anyone help me figure out why the device didn't give me a reminder? If I can't figure out what the issue was, I don't think I'll feel confident about continuing to leave my BB in charge of my reminders. :cry:

onepoonis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Missed reminder on Curve

There's an Calendar Patch for BB 8300. Here's more info. http://www.blackberry.com/CalendarPa...h/index2.shtml

Just use your BB and goto http://www.blackberry.com/calendarpatch to install the patch.

Or just make sure your OS is the latest ATT OS. The latest ATT OS has the calendar patch built in. You can use other carriers OS, but I like just using the ATT OS.

Go here for the latest ATT OS. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4 And select 8300 (or your BB). The latest ATT OS is 4.2.2.301. If you want other carriers OS, just check at the top of the forum.
    Last edited by onepoonis; 11-19-2007 at 06:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    240BB776

I have another carrier's OS (don't remember off the top of my head which one, but it's version 4.2.2.114). I had installed the calendar patch previously under my original AT&T OS, and it currently says, "Calendar patch not required for this version." So shouldn't that not even be an issue?

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem - turns out the issue was duplicate service books for gmail, ATT and my corporate account - I deleted gmail and ATTand all was fixed - I still receive my non corp email without issue.

On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    Delete all but one BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] service books (each integration will have an integration named service book, such as <BlackBerry Internet Service integration_name>[CICAL].
    OB - 8310 AT&T

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You can delete the CICAL service books but I recommend upgrading to the latest OS to resolve this issue. This latest os has resolved calendar reminder issues for the 8300 which is a known issue.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_2_173_a.html

~via Lava's BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    240BB776

Thanks, guys. I think I'll upgrade to the latest OS. The last time I messed with my service books, I pretty much bricked the phone and had to get help from AT&T to restore it.

I updated a couple 3rd party apps last night and had to reboot, something I haven't done in a while. After the reboot, another couple missed reminders from a couple of days ago came up (reminders about Thanksgiving and my birthday, I don't know why I thought I needed to be reminded about those things, heh). Now today, suddenly my battery is supposedly drained when just 20 minutes ago it was more than half full! What gives? Will an operating system update fix that issue, too?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is it possible to upgrade the OS over the air? I just looked at my phone and Im still running old ATT 4.2.2.89(platform 2.4.0.39).

Is it worth upgrading if Im not having any issues?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

No, you will need to download the OS file, install it on your PC, then plug in your Blackberry, launch desktop Manager, then it will ask you if you want to update your OS.

If you've never updated your OS before, then one thing you must have is patience. The update can take up to 30 minute. Do not unplug it during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    No, you will need to download the OS file, install it on your PC, then plug in your Blackberry, launch desktop Manager, then it will ask you if you want to update your OS.

If you've never updated your OS before, then one thing you must have is patience. The update can take up to 30 minute. Do not unplug it during the process.
    Ok, good things. Ill just put my phone in its cradle on my desk at home and let it go.

Do I have to go back in and unlock the vendor codes again so I can get all the themes?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes you will have to either re-edit the BB.alx file or use the Old one. I recommend editing the new one just to be sure that anything that has changed is covered.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Yes you will have to either re-edit the BB.alx file or use the Old one. I recommend editing the new one just to be sure that anything that has changed is covered.

Rcbjr.
    Damn, now Im going to have to remember where I found that thread in the first place.

Do you guys(and gals) just save the changed part somewhere and then just copy and paste it into the new sw update everytime?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try this one, Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130). It's replaced the other sticky on unlocking the themes.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    240BB776

So does anyone have any ideas about the battery issue? Could it have anything to do with the missed reminders, or is it an entirely separate problem? Has anyone else experienced it? I'm going to leave the Curve plugged in to my computer after I update the OS tonight so it'll get charged up. I hope this is the last I'll see of it and the missed reminders.

To use another provider's OS like the Singapore Telecom one, do I just need to delete the "Vendor.xml" file, and use an edited "BlackBerry.alx" file if I want the different vendor themes unlocked? It's been so long since I loaded my current OS that I can't really remember what I did. LOL.