I posted this on another forum but got no answers so I thought I would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbw157 no está en línea Stack level 2

Missed call notification, don't want icon

Advertisement

I posted this on another forum but got no answers so I thought I would try here.

On my old Blackberry 8703, whenever I would get a missed call I would see a message on the screen that said "1 missed call", however, on my Curve 8310 all I get is a small icon. Is there any way to get the missed call message on my screen instead of the icon?

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think there is any way to do that. I would like that as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's too bad, on my old Blackberry all it took was a quick glance and I would know if I missed a call or not, now I really have to look in order to see the tiny little icon. I wouldn't trade my 8310 for my old 8703 for anything though.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    There has to be a setting for it, or it must be theme dependent. My 8310 leaves a popup message indicating a missed call. My 8100 did as well.

I couldn't find a menu setting for it in the Options menu, though, so I'm stumped at the moment.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I was going to say... Mine does this too. But for the life of me, I c,t find the setting!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll keep looking.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Have you tried changing the theme and see if that will change it. Its got to be theme controlled~look for a theme that has screen shots that have the notification. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I, too have an 8310 and I get a pop up message on missed calls.

As RayZ suggested, could have something to do with the theme you're using, if it isn't standard BB issue.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Just FYI - I'm using the BB Dimension Today Plus theme and I do get the notification boxes.

However, I also have my phone set to lock in my holster and the box pops up after I unlock it. Not sure if you don't lock it how long it will stay.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade