The 'missed call indicator' appears on the home screen and it will not go away ... BlackBerry Curve forum

time2sms no está en línea Stack level 1

Missed call indicator

Advertisement

The 'missed call indicator' appears on the home screen and it will not go away regardless of what is done (erasing call log info; clearing voicemail; etc.). Others have experienced the same problem with the Curve. One person suggested that the Curve be "wiped" and start over. However, starting over probably doesn't appeal to many. It certainly doesn't appeal to me when it might not even solve the problem. Ideas, anyone?

Thank you.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Missed call indicator

It seems that the first step in problem solving this issue ould be to start with the theme. What theme are you using and have you tried switching to another to see if it resets?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have tried that and I believe others have, too. I use 'Zen' but I have also switched to the other themes to try and clear the indicator. No luck.
    I have yet to pull the battery for a reboot but might try that, soon.

Okay, I pulled the battery. After the reboot, the indicator is still there and now there is a red asterisk on the Call Log icon. However, no call exists...anywhere.
    Would syncing to my PC make a difference?

jsturgis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe you saved the message (or missed call). Try checking your saved messages for a missed call that you didn't open.

No saved messages. Nice idea, though. Thanks.

qsnow no está en línea Stack level 1

I had that problem previously as well. I went through EVERYTHING I could think of and find on the phone. Only way I was able to get rid of it was to do a wipe. I'm sure it's stuck in there 'somewhere' but after hours of poking around, it ended up being much quicker to wipe and re-provision.

How did you do that, gsnow? I don't want to miss any details if I try a "wipe" on mine.

littleroc91 no está en línea Stack level 1

aww mann

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Unless you have some messages that you really need to keep, on your BB try this. Connect to your PC, open desktop manager. Do a complete backup and restore. Check to see if the icon is still there.

If it is, then in the backup/restore first page, click the advanced button and on the handheld side scroll down to the messages database. Then click on the clear button below the list. Again check the BB

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did all that and it's still there. Thanks, anyway, Rcbjr.

I gave in and wiped my Curve. The indicator is no longer on my screen. If anyone else has this problem and wants to wipe his/her Curve - I, of course, recommend performing a backup to his/her PC. Then, on the Curve, go to Options then Security Options then General Settings, click on the Menu key and choose Wipe Handheld. Follow the instructions from there and good luck.
    It's drastic but it should erase the phantom missed call.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the update.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

studentsite no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem and found a fix that worked just fine. Here was my situation:

I had a Treo 650 with Cingular and used the SIM card from my Treo 650 for my new Blackberry Curve. I found that I could not clear messages like mentioned above.

Because I was using my old SIM card, my new Blackberry Curve was using the GSM network, not the EDGE network.

Then I called Tech Support and they explained that I should take my Curve back and get a new SIM card. I went back to the store and had them insert a totally new SIM Card, and this fixed the problem.

My Blackberry Curve 8300 was now running on the EDGE network.

My missed call indicator went back to normal.

Both tech support and the guy at the store seemed to feel that there were 2 problems here: 1) That using the SIM Card from my old phone created some sort of glitch with the new Blackberry Curve 8300. And 2) the old SIM card ran of GSM. They said running the new Curve off of GSM instead of EDGE may have caused a glitch.

Apparently, EDGE will result in higher call quality and fewer dropped calls because it runs on a higher frequency.

So the questions are: Did you take your old SIM card and try and put it in your new BlackBerry Curve? Are you running GSM and not EDGE? When I got a new SIM Card running off of EDGE network, my "Missed Call Indicator" problem went away. This worked for me.