Hello all, recently switched to Curve. Have everything set up. My problem is I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rdero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248B4A1B

Missed call icon

Advertisement

Hello all, recently switched to Curve. Have everything set up. My problem is I have a missed call icon diplaying on the main screen. I've checked phone log, message log, pulled battery, etc. I still cannot get rid of the missed call icon. I have the vista today plus theme installed. Can anyone help? thanks in advanced.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Missed call icon

thats wierd. Sometimes when the phone gets "stuck" and displays an update thats not there, a battery pull usually solves it.

The next step that I would take is to change the theme and see if it goes away.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rdero
    Hello all, recently switched to Curve. Have everything set up. My problem is I have a missed call icon diplaying on the main screen. I've checked phone log, message log, pulled battery, etc. I still cannot get rid of the missed call icon. I have the vista today plus theme installed. Can anyone help? thanks in advanced.
    Are you sure it's a missed call and not a voicemail icon? Have you checked voicemail? (I know - sounds obvious - but sometimes worth asking the obvious)

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Something like this happened to me last week. I could not get a voicemail icon to disappear - rebooting and even a battery pull would not make it go away. Then the lightbulb came on.....I left myself a voicemail message, checked messages and bang....the icon went away. Go figure....

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

Which call log did you check? The most recent ones that show up on your screen once you go into the phone mode or did you go into the messages, view folder, phone call log? I am guessing that your missed call log probably got bumped of your screen due to the amount of calls you received after the missed call. You will find call logs for up to 30 days if you never changed any of the manufacturers settings on the device concerning phone call logging...

Quote Originally Posted by rdero

aacurve no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This just happened to me too just today. I think it was the out of memory issue that has happened twice now only after 30 days of owning my curve. I was going to reboot since I checked my memory and it said a had 1 mb left. Usually is around 16mb. Someone tried to call me and the hourglass was just spinning. Then it rebooted and I lost all emails and call logs and a missed call icon appears and there is nothing in my call log. Not sure how to get rid of it. Tried reboot, battery pull, calling again to set another missed call but that just made it say 2 missed calls then read the missed call I just did and went back to 1. Uggggg.

PIN/ID
    248B4A1B

I did a device wipe and it seems to be working for now. Don't know if it's from switching info from my pearl. The only thing that sucks is you have to reset everything up again. thanks for all the help

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hi rdero, just make sure you do a backup on the DM once you get it all setup and next time you do need to wipe your device and reinstall, you do a Restore and your settings will all be there. Sometimes you may have to reinstall 3rd party apps and such, but everything else will be just as it was.

Always a GOOD thing. Backup recommended at least once a week.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2

This is not an uncommon problem. If you search "Missed Call Icon" on the Forums you will find many threads. When it happened to me a few weeks ago, the only thing that worked was clearing my curve and restoring from a back-up.

PIN/ID
    248B4A1B

Quote Originally Posted by lavagirl669
    Hi rdero, just make sure you do a backup on the DM once you get it all setup and next time you do need to wipe your device and reinstall, you do a Restore and your settings will all be there. Sometimes you may have to reinstall 3rd party apps and such, but everything else will be just as it was.

Always a GOOD thing. Backup recommended at least once a week.
    Yeah I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the reminder