Does anyone have any suggestions for buffing out a minor scratch on the BB's screen. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AndrewBowlby no está en línea Stack level 1

Minor Scratches

Advertisement

Does anyone have any suggestions for buffing out a minor scratch on the BB's screen. The scratch happened before I could get a screen protector. Thank You!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    i saw online how to replace the side rails and screen but its a pretty penny when it comes to being such a small scratch. i was going to replace my side rails cause i accidentally dropped it off the couch onto a hand weight, and it chipped the side. Bummed out it would be $40 shipped for both rails, now i have a screen protector and hard case, so i have forgotten about the scratch and its safe from further damage.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    side rails are cheaper than that I got 2 sets for leke 15 dollars with shipping

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same issue on my 8830 WE....was thinking about using some plastic headlight polish. I use this on my car head and tail lights to take off the haze(yellowing) and it fills in scratches. I'll let ya know once I have tried it.

One other idea is to use eyeglasses scratch filler/polisher(as seen on TV)!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JRUNCK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if this is going to work in your case or not because I haven't seen the scratch but I know with watches when the face gets scratched by bumping it into walls and it gets paint scratches on it you can use tooth paste to buff them out. But if it's a scratch on the screen that is deep it probably won't do anything but make your BlackBerry have nice fresh breath which is always quite a nice treat.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have a little kit called LCD magic, its a scratch filler and a buffing cloth, I got mine from bestbuy, I think london drugs has em too. Runs around 20 bucks

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    I cracked mine while (stupidly answering work calls while painting my son's room on vacation)
    One option, if you want to replace like I did, go to this site.
    http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c-200_365.html
    Screen was $9.99
    Arrived in a week. Was no problem to replace.