Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, I think the problem is the laptops now, as long as I'm away from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well, I think the problem is the laptops now, as long as I'm away from a powered on laptop, the UMA signal stays on.

Noticed also that battery consumption is worse with UMA on.....humph.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Splitz, likely when the T-Mo "blessed" distribution of 4.5 comes out, it'll have a few more optimizations for wifi and UMA. (UMA is central to T-Mo's strategy).

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Splitz, likely when the T-Mo "blessed" distribution of 4.5 comes out, it'll have a few more optimizations for wifi and UMA. (UMA is central to T-Mo's strategy).
    What's the difference between:

UMA <- big letters as opposed to
    uma <- little letters.

I know the differences between edge and EDGE, but why would UMA be any different?

Currently at work, uma instead of the customary (UMA) that I've been seeing.

Sorry for all the questions....perhaps this thread will help other people.

btmitc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having this same problem on one of my Curves right after I did the OS upgrade. I called customer service and they didnt help at all... I am goign to read this thread and see can I fix it. My phone doesnt say UMA but I am still able to use WIFI . Strange.

btmitc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanx, DaSuperman23. After spending 1 hr on the phone goign in circles, read your post, switched the channel on my router, problem solved!!!!!

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I signed up with tmo for uma. I used to sometimes get less than full bars while on uma at home and changing the router channel fixed that. Maybe my wireless radio Logitech mouse was the problem.
    My only remaining uma issue, other than the extremely rare outage, is similar to yours. When I come home I do usually get hooked up automatically to uma, but sometimes the signal is just 1 or 2 bars instead of 3. Turning the phone off and back on always gives me a full signal.
    I would hope they keep working to improve uma. They better, from what I have been reading lately about femtocells.

Well, since the upgrade to 4.5 release from T-Mobile, I haven't seen the problems that I had mentioned before.

HOWEVER, do do think that the WiFi signal used by my crappy old Dell work laptop was interferring from the WiFi signal from the phone.

Strange, hasn't dropped UMA at home since I quit brining home my work laptop and changing the signal channel on he router.

but honestly, 4.5 was the fix?!?!?!?

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    Mine works flawlessly in about 4 places. Have you tried looking at the settings for each wifi profile?

There's an option that says, "Automatically obtain IP address and DNS" This should obviously be checkmarked...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123