I'm quite new to the world of BB... My BB 8520 is my first BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dancingqueen no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mindboggling File Types (JAD, JAR, ALX, RAR, COD)

Advertisement

I'm quite new to the world of BB... My BB 8520 is my first BB and hopefully not the last (how I love BB!) But, the thing is I don't have a BIS/BES data plan with the local carrier; I have the APN settings set and third-party apps actually work without wifi. The major problem I have is that I can't download themes OTA!; I've to depend on alx formatted files, have them saved on the PC, connect my BB to the desktop manager and manually install the file. Quite tedious but i make do. The thing is it's so difficult to find .alx files! ? &what are these JAD, JAR, RAR. How do they work?

They really confuse me.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome, and to be quite honest not too many developers post zip files for users to download from their computers. OTA or over the air is the safest way to protect their creations and even that doesn't stop the dishonest from stealing their themes and claiming them as their own. Jad and Cod is what makes up a blackberry theme, with ota we just post the jad link, with a zip all the cod and jad files are combined so once it's open the user can download the package. All of these are just extensions of different file formats

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

dancingqueen no está en línea Stack level 1

thankyou

Hi, thanks for replying! I've read on certain forum pages that there're softwares for converting .JAR to .ALX.. Maybe you have heard of them and have a link or two?